New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Received an empty box from Oculus

iGotKiLoSiGotKiLoS Posts: 2
NerveGear
My package finally came in today been waiting almost a month for it to ship. Got to the UPS store and got the box, seemed extremely light for a 9-pound shipment, opened it in the store cause I had a feeling something was wrong, opened it to find nothing but a divider inside the box. No one else has had this package besides wherever they ship the product from and UPS, have talked to UPS and have put in a support claim with oculus. Hopefully, this is resolved fast. I have seen multiple people with this same issue and am just wondering if they had their situation resolved and how it was resolved as well.

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,736 Valuable Player
    Wow how strange...
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,543 Volunteer Moderator
    This is at least the third instance of this happening that I've seen recently.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,380 Valuable Player
    I don't believe any of these posers, I mean posters, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• wuzpwuzp Posts: 334
    Trinity
    As stated in previous posts; it is my belief these issues are only occurring with international orders.  And the thefts occur while the packages spend time at each country's customs clearing agency; on the way from Oculus to the buyer.

I recently had an experience in which I ordered some face masks, imprinted with a "political statement" from a company based in Texas.  I then watched for a week as the FedEx order (apparently made in China) made its way to me through customs in China, Japan, and Alaska; before getting to me.  I imagine that any time, whenever my package was inspected, "something bad" could've happened if my "political statement" offended anyone.

Unfortunately, the only recourse is for the buyer(s) to report the tampered packages to Oculus; because Oculus is the one who (hopefully) insured the shipments.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,844 Valuable Player
    edited August 1
    Might be a good idea not to sign for a package that has close to no weight - otherwise it's a tricky situation trying to convince Oculus that you really got an empty box and didn't just steal the hmd, especially if the carrier has registered normal weight for a package containing a hmd. 

Of course the situation is different if FedEx or whoever delivered the package has registered that the package weighs way too little to contain the Rift-S. 

I know some also claimed to have gotten empty Index boxes from Valve, not sure what happened there or how it got solved.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • AlfsdadAlfsdad Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Wow 😯 this needs looked into . Sounds like the ups guys I’d say