New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift s order still on opened

mosley_mosley_ Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited August 2 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Bought a rift s about 5 days ago and its still "opened". Anyone have an idea on how long it will take to start shipping? If it helps I live in Australia. I've read around and apparently it should only be 2-4 days, or am I just being impatient?
Tagged:

Comments

• MattTheCat8MattTheCat8 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I just ordered my rift s two days ago (I'm in Australia as well). From what I've asked my friends it should take a month at most to deliver. They all said it was stuck on opened for 4-7 days as well. Keep an eye to see if it come back in stock on Amazon AU cause then you can cancel this order if its still on 'opened' and get 3-day shipping (AU not US). Since I ordered it within the same time period I would appreciate it if you were to tell me when the status ticks over. 
  • mosley_mosley_ Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I just ordered my rift s two days ago (I'm in Australia as well). From what I've asked my friends it should take a month at most to deliver. They all said it was stuck on opened for 4-7 days as well. Keep an eye to see if it come back in stock on Amazon AU cause then you can cancel this order if its still on 'opened' and get 3-day shipping (AU not US). Since I ordered it within the same time period I would appreciate it if you were to tell me when the status ticks over. 
    Thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye on it all
    NerveGear
    Also would anyone know if this changes overnight or during the day or at anytime? So if I check during the day I won't need to check again until the next day instead of checking 8 times a day to see nothing change.  :D 
  • MushroomiesMushroomies Posts: 200
    Nexus 6
    edited August 2
    mosley_ said:
    Also would anyone know if this changes overnight or during the day or at anytime? So if I check during the day I won't need to check again until the next day instead of checking 8 times a day to see nothing change.  :D 
    It can change any time during the day,
    Most of the time but not all of the time it will stay on open 7 to ten days, Give or take a day or two. Open means they have one selected for you and only you.
    Then it changes to Process for shipping, That can last a few days, When they are fixing to ship it, they will take the money for it and then it will change to shipped. In the United States it is shipped UPS 2 Day Air. I don't know about other countries. It may be a little different on the shipping there. 
    This is the Basics of how it works. If your order says open, You are good, You will get one. I know all of you are like I am and would like it now, Hang in there. All is good.
    The day you receive it, The Sun shines on you and the Angels in Heaven start to sing and you find yourself with the desire to show a Rainbow to a Kitten.  :p See you all soon in the VR World  :)
  • PossibleDeathsPossibleDeaths Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I placed an order for mine on July 21st and its been on open since. I dont think theyre actually in stock.
  • PartyPicksPartyPicks Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I placed an order for mine on July 21st and its been on open since. I dont think theyre actually in stock.
    I ordered mine a good 3 weeks or more and it still reads OPEN ....be nice to see a notice or update or something rather then being stuck in limbo here 😑
    NerveGear
    mosley_ said:
    It can change any time during the day
    Do they send an email when it changes, or notify you at all?
  • MushroomiesMushroomies Posts: 200
    Nexus 6
    mosley_ said:
    mosley_ said:
    It can change any time during the day
    Do they send an email when it changes, or notify you at all?
    Not when it changes,
    If you were signed in when you placed your order, you are suppose to get a tracking number when it is shipped, If you were not signed in you ordered under a guest account, you will most likely not get a tracking number. The only way I got a tracking number is when the date was coming up for my Order to arrive. I contacted (Oculus live chat) and asked them to look it up and give me a tracking number. It only took a minute or two, 
  • maretodoricmaretodoric Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited August 4
    Wow, i had to register to comment on this. I've placed an order to ship to Poland on July 28th with estimated delivery date August 10. Order is still in "Opened" status. Today is 7 days since I've placed an order. Does it really take this long? Can anyone from Europe comment on this?

EDIT:
    Whoops, theu literally charged me 10 minutes after writing this comment :D so i hope i should expect it soon! Status changed to Processing for Shipping.
  • LevyLazuLevyLazu Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited August 4
    USA here. Ordered mine on July 19th, still on Opened. Just over 2 weeks and they said 2-4 weeks, I believe, on processing/shipping. Support didn't really help me when I asked if they had any eta on processing. According to my quote I'm suppose to expect my gear on the 9th so not sure what's gonna happen, especially considering it seems people who have ordered after me are getting processed first.

Edit: funny. Over two weeks since they came into stock again and they just NOW send me an email about being in stock. Way to go, glad I paid attention myself.
  • LevyLazuLevyLazu Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    After updating my payment from credit via PayPal to directly credit, it updated to processing for shipping. Gee, convenient timing there, guys.
    NerveGear
    Weird. I first ordered from Amazon, can't remember exactly the date but since there were no updates i kind od gotten disappointed and cancelled order.. First ot was om backorder. Then they updated my shipping date from Aug 29 to Aug 10 so good for me! However, it came in stock and i literally watched the stock running out and then completely depleting and still no updates on my order. So i cancelled amazon and ordered through Oculus directly. ETA is Aug 10 (no tracking yet as they still haven't shipped it) and I'm really looking forward to it. I am kind of scared however as i see lot of cases here on forums that people receive an empty box........
  • MattTheCat8MattTheCat8 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Hi, it's in stock at amazon au. I cancelled my order and bought from there. Getting delivered in 2 days :D
    NerveGear
    And i just received an E-Mail from Oculus with UPS tracking number. Getting shipped from Netherlands. Will hopefully come soon :$ <3
    NerveGear
    Hi, it's in stock at amazon au. I cancelled my order and bought from there. Getting delivered in 2 days :D
    Ah, only saw this the next morning! Done the same, thanks for helping :)