New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Aviation games

Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 173
Art3mis
So, I have a Thrustmaster T-Flight 4 on order, and it should arrive in a couple weeks. I ordered it in anticipation of Star Wars Squadrons, although I'm holding off buying that game till I know what it's predatory micro-transactions will be. But, now I'm thinking "What else can I use my new HOTAS to play?" So, advice please? What are some good aviation games that work with a HOTAS setup? PCVR, PS4, or PC non-VR, it doesn't matter so long as it's good. What do you folks recommend?

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,380 Valuable Player
    I recommend starting off with Ultrawings.  Works with touch controllers, gamepads, and most flight sticks.

If you are also interested in non-game flight sims I suggest you download the free demo of X Plane 11 from the Laminar website.  The demo lets you setup flight sticks plus lets you see how well your pc can handle the sim.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).