New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

New PACMAN Game on Quest

kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,332 Valuable Player
edited August 1 in General

First images of BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment's new #VR attraction - 'PACMAN Racer' - a two-player karting based #PACMAN game, using Oculus Quest VR headset and controllers. Currently on secret location-test in Tokyo for a limited time.

Hat Tip: netanker
urdgfqqehbbb.png
** Second New Book **
"The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Comments

• kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,332 Valuable Player
    urdgfqqehbbb.png
    ** Second New Book **
    "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities"
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,260 Valuable Player
    edited August 1
    kevinw729 said:

First images of BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment's new #VR attraction - 'PACMAN Racer' - a two-player karting based #PACMAN game, using Oculus Quest VR headset and controllers. Currently on secret location-test in Tokyo for a limited time.

Hat Tip: netanker
    Do you happen to know what game engine this used? Technoparrot emulator is great for allowing otherwise arcade only games to be playable in the home.

Edit thinking about it quest is...... Android? So I suppose techno parrot won't help
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,844 Valuable Player
    Does look like fun - but driving wearing a 72 hz hmd could be a new nausea generator  :D 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,332 Valuable Player
    bigmike20vt said
    Do you happen to know what game engine this used? Technoparrot emulator is great for allowing otherwise arcade only games to be playable in the home.

Edit thinking about it quest is...... Android? So I suppose techno parrot won't help

Yes its Android - If you go back to my post of the first PAC-MAN Quest game, I included a break down of the operation platform that BANDAI NAMCO created to support the game. They totally ploughed their own path, and did not use any of the Oculus SDK. There is a rumor they may also be moving off of Quest for their next VR release in September. 
    urdgfqqehbbb.png
    ** Second New Book **