New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Customer Support Stopped Responding to Ticket

DilutesDilutes Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hello, I’m here as a last resort. My oculus rift s isn’t working. I opened a ticket but the representatives stopped responding and won’t provide me with updates. I’m suspicious that it may be to delay me past the 30 days I have to request a refund. There is no customer support number listed and the only way to reach them is through support tickets. But what do I do when they don’t respond? They say within 1-2 days, but It’s been about 7 since I last heard. I even created a new ticket. I patiently tried to work with them to resolve this issue, but at this point I just want my money back. Have spent 40+  hours of my time trying to troubleshoot the device.

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,725 Valuable Player
    It takes them longer to respond when people create multiple tickets for the same problem.
    On your "newest ticket" did you request the refund or are you still trying to solve the problem with it?

They don't delay you to save them having to replace or refund. Many people on here have returned items without hassle. If the last thing they said was "we'll get back to", then just wait and they'll get back to you. The more pestering they get and the more multiple tickets they get, the longer it takes them to wade through all the crap.

While you're waiting, make full use of your "last resort", and tell us EXACTLY what the problem is with your Rift S. Include your system specs as well.
    Maybe someone here can help.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• DilutesDilutes Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks for your reply. What you said makes sense. I’ll have to just be patient and hope they get back to me in time. The issue is a black screen that occurs in a repeating pattern every time I start the headset. Works for 30 seconds>Screen goes blank for 5 seconds> works for 30 more seconds> then screen goes permanently blank. However the sound continues to work. I’ve tried every troubleshooting process they recommended and almost every single one I can find online. Reinstalled the software 10 times, including all of the residual files. Tried different ports. It’s plugged into the graphics card. Turned off all of the power save features in my ports. Pushed every system update through. Drivers are all up to date. Plug usb in first to let it register. Tried enabling the public test beta. Unplugged everything from the computer except mouse, keyboard and the headset. I’m probably missing more, those are just off the top of my head. Nothing worked. My system is a brand new Alienware R9 with Nvidia RTX 2070, 16 gig ram, I7 intel. High speed internet.
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,725 Valuable Player
    Hopefully someone has an answer for you.
    I found this post, maybe you've already seen it. Could be useful..............
    https://anz.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2100641/boards/technical-support-1/ForumPost/aurora-r9-and-oculus-rift-s

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.