cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eleven table tennis impossible to smash (quest)

VrMike_be
Sightseer
Hello everybody,
Got an issue which really kills the fun or even the interest for that game: any very fast move of the controller holding the racket (right hand) it's like I go through the ball. Impossible to smash or even hit hard on the right side. As hitting on left side (backhand) seems working fine I guess it's a tracking issue (camera?) when the racket hand goes far back on the right side to "arm" the strong shot. Anyone has a solution for that? Otherwise there is no point to really play that game, I would have to ask a refund...
Thanks for your help. Cheers.
14 REPLIES 14

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Does not happen to me mate.  Maybe poor lighting and/or low battery levels?

I’m pleasantly surprised that another one post wonder hasn’t responded that he has exactly the same problem, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Nickistar
Honored Guest
One post wonder here, contributing to say I found this issue when trying to play this awesome game using virtual desktop but found all the nuances of spin and smashing were actually in the game and accurately portrayed once I moved to using the Quest native version.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
@Nickistar  Ya, same here.  Too much latency with Quest wireless w/VD.  Same goes with other fast action games as well imho.  All a little better with Link (esp. graphics quality) but I think the Quest native physics still works best.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

northwestkingfi
Honored Guest
I am a "one post wonder" with "exactly the same problem."  Has anybody who had the problem ever solved it?  (I'm using a brand new Oculus Quest 2 and only played the AI last night, which I would think is the best case scenario as far as eliminating outside server latency goes.  I am using Eero "professional" wired routers all through my home, as I've got Cat 5e throughout. My wifi performance tests have been pretty outstanding.)

Ion57
Honored Guest
I have the same issue:
- forehand is very week, can't smash or hit hard, 
- backhand seems closer to real life
Pallet surface settings are the same on both sides.
Any ideas what is the problem, what settings to try?
Thank you
Ion57

metam0rph0sis
Honored Guest

Same problem here. High speed forehand consistently misses the ball.  VERY frustrating!!!!  

marek.les.7
Honored Guest

Hi did Yoy fixed this problem l hot this same news oculus2 256 GB 

Hi did Yoy find solutions for this probem

Hi did Yoy find solution ?