New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Connection test was not able to start. Please try again. (1971063)

VultiverseVultiverse Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited August 11 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

Quest is connected to a USB 3 port on my computer and the software recognizes that. It won't run this test however. I'm using a Dell XPS 15. I tried it on my desktop and it kinda works but the graphics card on it wont support it which is why I wanna use my laptop.

Additional Info:

Steam VR on my laptop won't recognize my Quest either. My desktop will though.

SideQuest on both computers recognize the Quest.

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 954 Oculus Staff
    Hey @Vultiverse try other USB ports and updating your USB drivers. If you have another cable, then please try it. You can also re-run the setup to repair or reinstall the software. If you continue to have issues, please create a ticket here. - Principe
  • nealoculusnealoculus Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Same problem. 1971063 error when trying the connection test. The laptop is new and completely up to date, tried all  usb ports. On my laptop, the Oculus Desktop App recognizes my Quest when plugged in, states the connection is USB 3, shows the Quest's serial number etc. The Quest Head Set is blank however, until I pull the cable out and then it goes to Quest Home Page. Here's my cable, works well for everyone else. ok, apparently I can't post link cause I'm a newb?

Google -->  Quest Link Cable 16ft, VOKOO Oculus Link Cable with Signal Booster 

My Laptop is Omen15 2020. AMD 4800H processor, 1660Ti gpu, 32Gb 3200Mhz ram. Using the left side usb 3 A connection, not the usb-c, as instructed.
  • MaylorMaylor Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    nealoculus said:
    Same problem. 1971063 error when trying the connection test. The laptop is new and completely up to date, tried all  usb ports. On my laptop, the Oculus Desktop App recognizes my Quest when plugged in, states the connection is USB 3, shows the Quest's serial number etc. The Quest Head Set is blank however, until I pull the cable out and then it goes to Quest Home Page. Here's my cable, works well for everyone else. ok, apparently I can't post link cause I'm a newb?

My Laptop is Omen15 2020. AMD 4800H processor, 1660Ti gpu, 32Gb 3200Mhz ram. Using the left side usb 3 A connection, not the usb-c, as instructed.
    I'm having the exact same issue.
    NerveGear
    Maylor said:
    nealoculus said:

I'm having the exact same issue.
    Is yours an AMD processor? Doubt it makes a difference just curious. Which cable are you running?
    I'd make an official ticket but have a feeling they'd give me the runaround. reboot, unplug, update etc. etc.
    SOMEONE HELP! :P
  • EbonKnightEbonKnight Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Having the same problem. Connection test was not able to start. Please try again. (1971063). AMD Ryzen 9 laptop. USB 3.2 port of which I have tried the 3 available. Software confirms the USB 3 connection. But test does not start and as it is a new quest the quest itself seems very jittery and w/ poor quality
  • ofletcherofletcher Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem here.  Shows linked, connected and active, but connection test won't run.  Only see a black screen in Oculus Home.  
  • connzbro1connzbro1 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am having the exact same problem! I am always getting a black screen whenever I connect my headset. I have an Alienware Aurora r9 and I have been able to use Oculus Link before, but now, I cannot use it anymore. I press allow in my headset and it goes to a black screen. Someone please tell me how to fix this!! I am really annoyed about this!!
  • SuperUnknownDudeSuperUnknownDude Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited September 12
    Yup. Same problem. This is because of Update 20. It was working fine before the update. It probably won't be fixed anytime soon seeing as how Oculus doesn't even care to add the Radeon RX 5600XT to the supported GPU list either. I like how I just bought this Quest a month ago and it's been nothing but a god awful experience.

Not enough GPU support. Link cable doesn't work properly (anymore). Mandatory Facebook accounts en route.

What a waste of money.
  • shreddxshreddx Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem for me.. Unable to start the connection test. VR stays black. Really annoying. Any fix?
  • subXzeroXherosubXzeroXhero Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I seem to be in the same boat here. Recognizes 3.0 cable but fails to test the connection. I can get to the rift home screen in my quest but everything seems super jittery and low frame rate not to mention a bit fuzzy.

running an amd ryzen 5 3600 with a x570 mobo and XFX 5700 xt GPU so I feel like that should be enough power to work just fine. would love to see an answer to this.
    NerveGear
    Hi guys, found a solution that worked for me, my problem was specifically related to the AMD system. It was defaulting to the integrated graphics and not my 1660ti. Someone posted a solution on reddit, sorry don't have a link.

So, right click the deskTop -> display settings -> scroll down to Graphics Settings -> Choose an app to select preference -> choose classic app -> Browse -> ADD the following files -> 1) OVR Redir 2) OVR Service Launcher 3) OVR Server_x64.exe. Set them to High Performance Graphics, not integrated as they are now.

They can be found here -> C:>Program Files>Oculus>Support>Oculus-Runtime Folder

My Oculus Link works perfectly now, so pleased to get this worked out, 1660ti/4800H is a budget beast!
    NerveGear
    BTW the cable test still doesn't work for me but everything else is gold including SteamVR..
  • EbonKnightEbonKnight Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Can confirm the above. Fixed most problems I had by adding all relevant programs to launch with high performance, not intergrated graphics as well as adding them to the windows 10 graphics settings as high power.
  • Truthbringer76Truthbringer76 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited September 18
    I have the same problem with testing speed as well. I tried all ports on motherboard. Purchased an additional USB card and tested. I also tried it on a second PC. Started with Oculus Link Cable but tried 3 other cables as well. My Quest functions fine just the speed test always fails now. I know it used to work when I first got the headset. I did recently upgrade to latest Windows 10 build. Not sure if that was issue. I have a Core i7 6700K with a Geforce 1070 card. I submitted a ticket. I have also already reinstalled software and tried it on a second PC which is Core i7 6700k and Geforce 970. Both computers do it.
  • P-chan.RyogaP-chan.Ryoga Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    No solution yet?
  • crajabli_crajabli_ Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have the same problem here. just bought anker USB 3.0 cable. before I was able to test cable speed with the old stock one but now cannot do that right now. My specs:
    Zephyrus GA502
    Ryzen 7 3750H
    GTX 1660 ti
    Also oculus link works very kittery without any reason. it seems like this is the problem with most of the Ryzen CPUs. I would have said that my PC is not able to run VR but I can easily run Call of Duty Modern warfare with 80 FPS and other demanding games like that. and when I jump into alyx I begin getting 36 fps when the same kind of intel laptop gets smooth 70-80 fps. I think that Oculus has to optimize link for ryzen a bit better.
  • themystthemyst Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have the same problem with the connection test not working, but I have a USB-C cable connected to a USB 3.1 port on my computer; SteamVR and Oculus Link both appear to work perfectly otherwise.  

Specs: Ryzen 9 3900X, RTX 2080ti, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Win10.