New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

New official Walking Dead Onslaught trailer looks awesome - game launches September 29!

RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,440 Valuable Player
edited August 13 in Games and Apps
Looks great:

(Note than Onslaught is based on the TV show, Saints & Sinners is based on the comics. Thus Onslaught has more realistic graphics.)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,392 Valuable Player
    YES!

Finally a game that is inside the TV Series adaptation. Very excited about this one. A Day 1 purchase fo sho.
  • JohnnyDioxinJohnnyDioxin Posts: 2,554 Valuable Player
    I'm not sure - I'd like to, but I've been unable to play Saints & Sinners because of the way the melee is done. I bought it on Oculus and when I had problems I bought it on Steam to try it with Index, but it wasn't any better. I'll probably buy it and refund if it's an issue - wasn't quick enough with the other sources as I wanted to wait and see if things would improve.

• falken76falken76 Posts: 3,025 Valuable Player
    This looks good, but I'll wait for Reviews, My brother bought the last Walking Dead game and he hate's it.  He said any character that can't run the length of a compact car without getting winded isn't going to survive a walk to the store let alone a zombie apocalypse.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,440 Valuable Player
    JD-UK said:
    I'm not sure - I'd like to, but I've been unable to play Saints & Sinners because of the way the melee is done. I bought it on Oculus and when I had problems I bought it on Steam to try it with Index, but it wasn't any better. I'll probably buy it and refund if it's an issue - wasn't quick enough with the other sources as I wanted to wait and see if things would improve.
    Usually I start with the Steam version, especially if it supports native Oculus drivers. If there's no native Oculus driver support and Index performance isn't good (and no finger tracking), it's refund time and back to the Oculus Store for CV1 and ASW 2.0 - and Revive  o:)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

Anyone pre-ordered? Still not sure if I should get the Steam or Oculus version... Might ask the devs if Steam version has native Oculus support... 

edited August 18
    Devs just convinced me to get the Steam version:

Hey Rune,

Yes, TWDO will have native Oculus support like our other titles.

edited August 18
    Btw, I just pre-ordered the Deluxe edition:

Not sure I like the soundtrack, but I don't mind supporting the devs a bit more. When pre-ordering the Deluxe edition, you of course get all the benefits of pre-ordering the standard edition too:

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,545 Valuable Player
    Skins? Hope there are plenty of mirrors in the game to get your moneys worth :)
    Can someone please pipe up if they find any pre-release reviews around? Thanks (I'm bound to forget to look - I'm an old fart and can't handle too many things to think about at once).

JD-UK said:
    Can someone please pipe up if they find any pre-release reviews around? Thanks (I'm bound to forget to look - I'm an old fart and can't handle too many things to think about at once).

I'll do my best - but games rarely get reviews before launch. If you don't want to lose the pre-order discount, might be a good idea to buy the game and then refund it if you don't like it. After the launch you can play the game for 2 hours or just refund within 14 days. 

Despite my misgivings about whether I will be able to play this, I've gone and bought it. Was surprised at the price (on Steam) and also the small discount, but I'm not complaining!
    Hope it turns out to be less of a physical challenge than Saints & Sinners, then I'll be happy.

More from the devs:

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,545 Valuable Player
    oooooooooo nice
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,223 Volunteer Moderator
    Nearly pulled the trigger on the Deluxe pre-order. I'd like to see the price on Oculus first though as the standard pre-order is a bit cheaper but the Deluxe isn't available on Oculus yet. If it's just a couple of pounds different I'll stick with Steam.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
    Nearly pulled the trigger on the Deluxe pre-order. I'd like to see the price on Oculus first though as the standard pre-order is a bit cheaper but the Deluxe isn't available on Oculus yet. If it's just a couple of pounds different I'll stick with Steam.
    Already forgot which version I pre-ordered, but it's the deluxe version. That's the great thing about pre-ordering, when the game finally launches I've forgotten everything about it and it feels like Santa suddenly dropped an early surprise Christmas gift  :D  

Might get another one Oct 2, because I've behaved really good this year  o:)