New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Star Trek Bridge Crew is an awesome game, for Oculus Quest

Lukasz_TLukasz_T Posts: 13
Brain Burst
edited September 9 in Games and Apps
The game is really good,  Bring Backs alot of Memories specially with Oculus Quest 

Comments

• Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 506
    Neo
    Is there still much of an in-game community? I thought it's community had mostly died out?
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,184
    Wintermute
    You can play solo, though it's not the same as playing with other people.
  • Lukasz_TLukasz_T Posts: 13
    Brain Burst
    I play Star Trek Bridge Crew Solo :)
    Neo
    That feels like it would defeat the purpose of having a bridge crew. :) That said, I'm thinking of getting this one next month. Solo might be fine, but I'd imagine it really shines if you have other people with you. Ideally friends who know how to work together, but I'd imagine the emergent game play of having 4 random people doing faff knows what could be interesting too.
  • synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 206
    Nexus 6
    LOL .. Have to be honest im on the same side of the fence as @Lukasz_T
    Just being on the Bridge and playing the solo missions is just amazing .. Pretty sure its fantastic with others as well but i want to live my dreams first in my own imagination.
    :)
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,433 Valuable Player
    "awseme"  LOL!!!!!

I think you meant AWESOME....and yes you are correct it IS an awesome game.  Sadly though it has been abandoned by the devs....no patches or new DLC for QUITE some time now.
    Neo
    About to finally embark on my own Ongoing Journey. I was going to do so yesterday, but had to take off the headset to recover password for my Uplay account, as well as link it with Oculus. Then I discovered the Quest wanted me to link it with Facebook too. Also, it's not registering my mic when playing the PCVR version via Link even though the mic is detected otherwise. *growls then shrugs* Anyway...

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Seelie. Its ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no fae has gone before!

Neo
    edited August 29
    EDITED

Okay, ignore my previous rant. Finally got things working. And after doing the tutorial, I got to admit. This is pretty damn cool. Now I'm wondering if Hand Tracking would be possible in Bridge Crew. That would be awesome.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,033 Valuable Player
    edited August 29
    Yeah STBC is a very good game and does have a good SP experience including campaign.
    I have not played it in a while, about due to have another go with it.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Neo
    Did the tutorial last night, then joined two different crews for multi-player missions. The first crew worked like a well oiled machine. I was Engineering, and everyone communicated what they needed and took initiative when appropriate. Joking was kept to the lulls when nothing is going on. It was amazing, especially since we were in a TOS ship and nobody else needed to use the Help overlay.

The second Crew I joined, I was the Tactical officer. This time everyone was goofing off most of the time. We barely completed objectives due to all the goofing off, and almost flew into a star or two, again due to all the goofing off. But it was freaking hilarious. I was surprised just how much fun the 2nd crew was to be part of. I'd thought it would be frustrating, but it wasn't.

Both crews were great, but for different reasons. I love it.
  • Double_ShotDouble_Shot Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    I've had this on my wish list for awhile but never ordered it because I don't have any friends or family with a Rift and I assumed you could only play it with a full crew compliment.  Good to know that it can be played solo.  I am going to snag it tonight.
    Nexus 6
    edited September 6
    @Double_Shot
    Oh no you can play it very well in solo missions in fact that's pretty much all i ever do
    Plenty to keep you going.
  • Double_ShotDouble_Shot Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    @Double_Shot
    Oh no you can play it very well in solo missions in fact that's pretty much all i ever do
    Plenty to keep you going.
    Just got it.  Looking forward to diving in later tonight!
    Brain Burst
    So how do you play with others in Star Trek Bridge crew?
    IMHO the Solo campaign is boring and tedious.  The REAL fun is multiplayer!!!  Goofing off is the best part of this game.  When you get the deadly serious guys....best to log out and get into a better match.
    Nexus 6
    edited September 8
    Digikid1 said:
    IMHO the Solo campaign is boring and tedious.  The REAL fun is multiplayer!!!  Goofing off is the best part of this game.  When you get the deadly serious guys....best to log out and get into a better match.

Perhaps ye i have yet to try that but i wanted to play it seriously first. The main point was that @Double_Shot thought it was MP only. 
    I need to find my way back into this game. I had started a campaign and stopped for some reason, maybe I got stuck on mission was having trouble with. Been a long time ago though.

Do voice commands with Watson still work in the SP game?
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    I believe they took the voice commands away since they never worked correctly.
    Brain Burst
    edited September 9
    I tried Playing a mission with others and it was amazing,  Im going to play online now :) I was at the helm of Aegis
    Digikid1 said:
    I believe they took the voice commands away since they never worked correctly.
    Ah that is too bad, thanks for the info!
    Don

Neo
    Digikid1 said:

Eh, serious crews who work together well can be great fun. Especially if everyone is staying "in character". As I said, both the serious "let's work together as a team" groups and the "everyone goofing off" groups are a good time, just for different reasons.

When everyone is goofing off things can quickly spiral out of control into a hilarious dumpster fire. On the other hand, when the crew work together well it can be damn amazing.