New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Build 20.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 295 Oculus Staff
edited September 17 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest
Update 9/17/2020: We've started rolling out a small update for v20. This hotfix addresses two bugs. The first caused black screens or three dot screens on Quest for some users. Secondly, the conversion panel showing conversions from romanized characters to Japanese characters was not working. Both should be resolved with this update. As always, please let us know if you experience any new issues!

Parties

• When you’re in a party, you can now choose to mute anyone else in the party on a person-by-person basis. This means that you can mute anyone in the party in your own headset without muting them for the whole party.
Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused audio to stop when a Touch controller was disconnected in some apps and experiences. 

Comments

• synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 211
    Nexus 6
    Anyone had this yet ?
    Still on 19 here 
  • motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,503 Oculus Start Member
    Anyone had this yet ?
    Still on 19 here 
    It's going to take a while.. I get updates a week after it comes out (or even later).
    Nexus 6
    Im normally the unlucky sod that gets it before its posted.
    :)
  • AconixAconix Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Great! A feature I will never be able to use!
  • AngelsVenomAngelsVenom Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    What is this, a hotfix?! 😂😂😂
    So that's what a multi billion company can do nowadays, interesting.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,440 Valuable Player
    What is this, a hotfix?! 😂😂😂
    So that's what a multi billion company can do nowadays, interesting.

Yup.  They fix one thing.....then break a dozen others.  LOL!!!!!!
    Nexus 6
    Seems a lot of effort for whole new build release ?
    Hasnt got any of this Facebook link stuff hidden in there has it
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    Seems a lot of effort for whole new build release ?
    Hasnt got any of this Facebook link stuff hidden in there has it
    You can bet your last few pennies it has - lol
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,998 Volunteer Moderator
    Got the new update, and this was the first time that it didn't cause my headset to stay on until the battery was depleted. Progress!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • nishruu2nishruu2 Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    i experienced this once i was downloading content for 2 apps and lost audio but restart fixed it.
    build 20.0; couple days ago
  • J_ShepzJ_Shepz Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Updated to V20, kinda like the new menu sounds but I've still got the old menu and no option anywhere to enable the Universal menu. Has been like that for a few versions now. Logged a support ticket, they responded like I was dumb a couple times, then after a bit of back and forth with the usual process I get "At this time, this is an issue that we are currently aware of and we are looking to resolve this in our next update, just please know we are actively working on it and hope to issue a fix soon."
    That was a couple months ago.... 
  • hollmrlhollmrl Posts: 5
    Brain Burst

I had the same problem of being stuck on the old menu system, but I performed a factory reset using the power button/- volume button method (full reset & erase) and that fixed the problem.  I do not know if the factory reset from the app works, but starting the headset with both the power button & - volume method worked for me.  It downloaded the V20 update as part of the reset process.  After everything booted up I was on the new menu system.  Also, if you use developer mode, you will have some additional experimental feature options available to you.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,643 Valuable Player
    Honestly, I'll be happy if I never see the newer Universal Menu ever again. BTW, I have installed Developer mode on my Quest (for wireless w/Virtual Desktop).  This does no add any options in the Experimental tab.  Just adds a Developer tab that allows you to enable/disable Guardian.  Overall, v20 seems to be working fine with both my Quest and Rift cv1.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

Nexus 6
    Ye have been updated ... still on the old menu and no option for the Universal ... So im guessing then if i want to keep it that way do not do a reset .

• Moto13kMoto13k Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    It seems v20 has forced the universal menu. 

The problem: the old bug from months ago still exists..

THERE ARE NO NOTIFICATION POPUPS WHILE IN GAMES.

No low battery, no friend requests, nothing.

@ShowbizDonkey please report this to the devs. I've reported this numerous times to support months ago. Others have confirmed this issue. Now with no way to revert back to the original menu, there is no workaround. 

Moto13k said:

@ShowbizDonkey please report this to the devs. I've reported this numerous times to support months ago. Others have confirmed this issue. Now with no way to revert back to the original menu, there is no workaround. 
    I don't see any of these problems with v20, nor do I see the Universal menu (thank goodness).  If you and a few others (as you say) are having problems I suggest you start a support ticket.  You will not get support within this user-only forum imho.  Good luck mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

Nexus 6
    edited August 28
    I dont get it ...
    Why are we not all the same  ( not that i want the universal menu ) but i no longer know how my quest is supposed to be with so many different variations of things reported.
    Should it have this ...  Should it not ... Who the hell knows anymore.
  • Moto13kMoto13k Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Moto13k said:

I don't see any of these problems with v20, nor do I see the Universal menu (thank goodness).  If you and a few others (as you say) are having problems I suggest you start a support ticket.  You will not get support within this user-only forum imho.  Good luck mate.

Yeah  this only occurs if the universal menu is enabled. V20 is not the issue per se. 

• MystaMagooMystaMagoo Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 29
    usb test doesn't work anymore and also breaks link
    usb test doesn't work anymore and also breaks link
    Ya, heard a few others have had this usb test problem but it still worked fine for them in all games with Link.  Actual game play is the best usb test anyway imho.

• KittichettKittichett Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    The storage is not appearing on pc after update build 20.0
    Nexus 6
    @Kittichett
    I have the storage in the menu but when i click it it seems nothing happens  ( could be reading it ) but then seems to time out. After clicking again it appears, maybe sometimes requiring a third time.
    Or are you not seeing the " Storage " selections at all in settings ?
  • CaryMGVRCaryMGVR Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    All this USELESS "social" garbage.
    Why can't they fix the volume to sound somewhat louder than a whisper, ffs ...??
    Nexus 6
    CaryMGVR said:
    All this USELESS "social" garbage.
    Why can't they fix the volume to sound somewhat louder than a whisper, ffs ...??
    Not sure if they can via firmware if the Hardware has a volume limit .. Like your Phone it has a limit but Headphones should enhance it .. Again just like your phone ?
  • Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 506
    Neo
    Honestly, I keep having to turn down the volume on my Quest because it's too loud. I keep thinking "this is kind of quiet, I should turn it up" so I max out the volume. Then the music kicks in, someone starts talking, or action kicks off and I'm going "GAH, too loud!"
    Nexus 6
    I find the sound pretty good often taking my headset off late at night and listening to check the music isnt to loud to wake any of the family but like headphones you cannot really hear to much externally.
  • MountainDog12MountainDog12 Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    A volume balance control; would be nice, for those of us with less than perfect hearing 
    Nexus 6
    A volume balance control; would be nice, for those of us with less than perfect hearing 
    Yes that true , Nothing really catered for Hard of hearing.
  • sixofone7sixofone7 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    edited September 3
    Why be shy. How about an equalizer? I bought silicon earcups...how desperate is that!
  • CaryMGVRCaryMGVR Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    @MountainDog12
    A volume balance control???
    How about INCREASING the volume
    so it doesn't sound like a whisper even at full blast, ffs???