New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

8 Ball Pool Comp - Sports Bar VR - Cash Prize

MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 159
Art3mis
edited October 10 in Games and Apps
TIME SLOT UPDATE!!!

8 Ball Pool Comp. - Cash Prize $50au
Time Slot - Saturdays 7pm London Time.
EU Server    (please check time and date for your location.)
(Join Discord and meet up with folks you'll know can play)

Looking for players for a weekly comp, costs nothing to enter
so not much of an offering in prize money, but there is $50 AU
up for grabs each week..

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join, however please be
aware that inappropriate / idiotic behaviour will likely get
you kicked from the game. Cursing and dirty jokes are very
welcome, spamming bottles or being in the middle of a pool
table to interfere are not.

As mentioned in the header, the game will be 8 ball, there will be
some differences in the rules to what the game allows, that i''ll
explain at the meet up prior to start so we're all on the same page..

I've no experience in organizing anything like this, but will be
doing the best i can..  For those with an Oculus feel free to send
a friend request to Monstaah so i can add you. Those on other
systems that are interested can leave a post here, and or find us
in the bar on the EU server 15mins or so before game starts so we
can all join a private lobby,  this again is just to keep the 5yr olds
to a minimum..

Comp Rules as follows:
Cue ball pick up - Only after cue ball potted, and must remain behind the line..
Any other foul, plays from where it is..

Look forward to seeing you there.

Monstaah.

PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! =)

Comments

• parsecnparsecn Posts: 135
    Art3mis
    Super cool. I'm really into Sports Bar VR having picked it up during the Steam summer sale. The title has even piqued my interest (again) in pancake Vp4 for snooker but it just doesn't hold a candle to "being there" in VR as Sports Bar provides. Have only just installed Shooters Pool, but I digress.

So questions: you mention AU prize money; will competitors be AU based (generally speaking)? I ask, as doing the time-differential thing can be prohibitive. I'd love to play with @Oops01 as example, but his Northern Ireland noon puts me at 9pm in Melbourne, Australia (and vice-versa if my online calcs are correct). I'm shithouse with math, so maybe I've stuffed it up. 

And next, what's the GO with use of Ghost Ball (or other settings) in a competitive sense? Tbh, I've only played with AI and I'm not sure if the title allows for creating public games with equal rules (settings) for all players. Is that how it works? 

Cheers for the effort and great idea. Hats off to ya.

• MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 159
    Art3mis
    edited August 22
    @parsecn The time differential is a big part of the current problem to be honest, still workin' on that.. Out of curiosity, what time would suit ya? (not makin' promises,but curious.)  As mentioned we'll be on the EU server, mostly cause there's a lot good players from there. 

I can't say i've met Oops, but if you've got him on your friends list feel free to point him to this eh.. i'll try finding him, i've seen him post on steam.

Ghost ball is a.ok no problems at all. Will give everyone that shows up details on the rules when we meet up mate. Basic jist, is basic pool rules, can only pick up the cue ball from an in off and only move it around behind the line, any other foul plays from where it is.

Just sent ya a friend request mate, you can usually find me there in the bar if ya see me on, so come and say hi..
    PC Specs:

Art3mis
    Monstaah said:
    @parsecn The time differential is a big part of the current problem to be honest, still workin' on that.. Out of curiosity, what time would suit ya? (not makin' promises,but curious.)  

To indulge the curiosity, something like 7-9pm AEST as an ideal starting time. I'm more than happy to bend with the majority. 

This will get you started re time compare to my zone. Cheers
    Art3mis
    To indulge the curiosity, something like 7-9pm AEST as an ideal starting time. I'm more than happy to bend with the majority.

Heya bloke, so i've gone with Greenwich Mean Time GMT - Saturdays 1pm, that's gonna come out to 11pm for ya.
    I figured with the lock down at the moment it should work for everyone, unless they're workin' weekends.

PC Specs:

• Oops01Oops01 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi Guys Is anyone playing in this comp today?
    Art3mis
    @Oops yeah mate, it's still on, there's been some confusion regarding the time, i apologize for that mate, i'm jumpin' in now..
    PC Specs:

Art3mis
    @Oops01 @Monstaah Sorry that I missed this week. How did you go?

I suspect an 11pm start time (my time) will be difficult going forward. I have a couple of kegs of beer on tap at my place, and got stuck into them pretty early at like 3pm. I was toast by 10pm. The upside is that I beat level 9 AI (best of 3) over the afternoon. It's nice to see AI break and run the table occasionally. 

Any clue how high the AI level goes? I presume 10?
    Cheers guys

Art3mis
    @parsecn Heya mate, feel free to stop in and watch the games if you're not exactly up to it mate.. Strangely the AI tops out at 16, but have no fear it's a challenge and annoying to watch, if ya ask me..
    PC Specs:

Art3mis
    Big congratulations to our winner Freddie Bond and to Oops for making the runner up in the inaugural Sports Bar pool comp!! After a bit of a balls up on my part with the timing and a rocky start, Oops managed to knock out DarkSoul (ps4) to shape up against the top of the leaderboard.

It was a great game to watch and hope to see plenty more down the line.

Anyone interested in joining is very welcome, hope to see ya there..
    PC Specs:

Hiro Protagonist
    edited September 3
    Hey guys, it was great to play in the first tourney, unfortunately Freddie was too good for me on the day but the frames were close, I did enjoy it though.
    @parsecn you should have come on in, I enjoy a beer when I'm playing but because the tourney starts early in the day (1pm-2pm) for me it's far too early for me to start drinking, the wife would have a fit lol but I still very much enjoyed it.
    It would be great to see a few more join, I don't mind what time I play night or day but i'd prefer night :) but as long as it's the weekend and I'm off work I'll sit up to the early hours (just ask Peacemaker :smile:) so I'm open to any time, I just love this game and when you combine it with discord is a win win for me.
    I'd like to thank Monstaah for all his efforts to get this thing running, so big thanks m8.
    Hopefully next Saturday will have a few more playing, I just think we have to find a time that suits everyone, maybe we could run two tournaments one during the day and one at night to suite people in different time zones? 
    Art3mis
    Heya Oops, well done last week mate.. I'm hoping it'll run a lil smoother this week, (but make no promises..lol)

Sorry about the current timetable, it's kinda set up as it is to be Saturday in as many somewhere's as possible, i know it's not ideal for everyone, and i guess depending on who's willin' to make it a regular event may dictate whether or not it gets moved.. 

@parsecn Be there tonight mate!! Don't have to play if ya not up to it, but roll in watch some games and have a beer and yack mate..

Catch you fellas there soon..

PC Specs:

Art3mis
    For anyone curious the comp is still running and ready for YOU to join, feel free to just show up and ask for an invite..

In other news, i'm planning on moving the comp time beginning next week. At present i still haven't chosen a time but will update the page here once decided. The time will likely advance 3-4 hours or so, if you've got a preference let me know.. (wont promise anything, but it may help make a decision.)
    PC Specs:

Art3mis
    Congrats again to FreddieBond on another win in the comp tonight. It was a different turnout with some new talent (x_lillen_x) and a face we haven't seen in a while RDanny, thanks for showing fellas..  Also an honorable mention to Dark, who stepped up and put in a quality comp against Freddie in the first game.. 

PC Specs:

Art3mis
    TIME SLOT UPDATE!!!

Saturdays 7pm London Time..
    PC Specs:

Art3mis
    Monstaah said:
    TIME SLOT UPDATE!!!

Saturdays 7pm London Time..
    Doh! 4am my time Melbs, Australia. I'm out. 
    Art3mis
    parsecn said: Doh! 4am my time Melbs, Australia. I'm out. 
    Yeah mate, that's what i was tryin' to say before, it's not so good for us Ozzies. =/  There just isn't any, so moving the time to suit those who're showin' up..

PC Specs:

Art3mis
    Monstaah said:
    parsecn said: Doh! 4am my time Melbs, Australia. I'm out. 
    Yeah mate, that's what i was tryin' to say before, it's not so good for us Ozzies. =/  There just isn't any, so moving the time to suit those who're showin' up..

@Monstaah All good. Understood and is totally reasonable. I'll still stick around Discord; seems like a nice crew and will certainly catch someone for a game whenever suits! Cheers

Art3mis
    parsecn said:@Monstaah All good. Understood and is totally reasonable. I'll still stick around Discord; seems like a nice crew and will certainly catch someone for a game whenever suits! Cheers

Yeah mate, glad to see ya on discord, i'll definitely catch up with ya for a few games sometime guaranteed.. i'm an old night shift worker so, the night owl thing is second nature, but hit me up on discord if you're itching for a hit. if i can make it i'll be there..

PC Specs:

Art3mis
    Congrats once again to FreddieBond on taking out comp #6, and to Oops on making it to the final..
    It was a hell of a shootout in the semi, to decide who went on, and lost track of the games played to make it..lol so damn good.. 

Look forward to next week fellas..
    PC Specs:

Hiro Protagonist
    Once again a great nights fun was had by all, and once again Freddie was to good for me  :) 
    I'll win this thing sometime 😉
    Art3mis
    Indeed you will mate, indeed you will.. :p
    PC Specs:

• heatherppooolheatherppoool Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Looking forward to this
    Art3mis
    Looking forward to this

Look forward to seein' ya there mate.. Comp starts in an hour from this post..
    PC Specs:

Hiro Protagonist
    Well another Freddie win :) can no-one stop this man :smiley:
    Art3mis
    Oops01 said:
    Well another Freddie win :) can no-one stop this man :smiley:

Well said Oops, congrats again to FreddieBond, blitzed us again mate..  Sorry for the late update fellas, just being lazy..

Anyone interested in joining our lil comp is more than welcome, you can join us in the bar at game time or feel free to send me a request no probs either way..
    PC Specs: