cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Quest Head strap broke... any way to fix?

CozyHerbivore02
Honored Guest
so I was playing rec room earlier today and went to tighten the head strap as it wasn't tight enough and when I did one side of the head strap fell completely off. I just want to know if there's any fix like it just snaps back into place or if i can just use duct tape. Just bought a pc so I dont have any money rn to get a new headset.
io02sq2xd4c2.jpghrdt7rgxx4b5.jpgeukd0b89iwok.jpg
10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @CozyHerbivore02 you can reach out at http://support.oculus.com/ and we can look into what may be done for you. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Alyxxx
Honored Guest

so I was playing rec room earlier today and went to tighten the head strap as it wasn't tight enough and when I did one side of the head strap fell completely off. I just want to know if there's any fix like it just snaps back into place or if i can just use duct tape. Just bought a pc so I dont have any money rn to get a new headset.
io02sq2xd4c2.jpghrdt7rgxx4b5.jpgeukd0b89iwok.jpg

Alyxxx
Honored Guest
Use super glue

CozyHerbivore02
Honored Guest
ok thank you!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Alyxxx said:

Use super glue

Super glue won't be good enough for something like that.

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

Alyxxx said:

Use super glue

Super glue won't be good enough for something like that.

That's why you don't use Super Glue, you use Gorilla Glue. 🙂
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

nishruu2
Protege
drywallha40zdd2s9ym.jpg screw 4"

VOYAGER-1
Honored Guest
But if superglue were used, sure that would stick it back on to the headset, however, is that piece not a `Swivel` device??? be careful!!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Alyxxx said:

Use super glue

Def do not use super glue anywhere near your headset.  The fumes may make your lens go cloudy.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers