New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Where are the instructions on how to play gun club vr

Sparticus2020Sparticus2020 Posts: 5
NerveGear
trying to find instructions for playing gun club vr

Answers

• Pixie40Pixie40 Posts: 570
    Neo
    It looks like the instructions are... "know how to pick up items in VR, know how the guns work, use guns in VR." Or in other words, there are none because it's assumed you know enough about firearms to know how to pick up, load, and use a firearm.
  • Sparticus2020Sparticus2020 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    if you don't have any constructive information on how to use all the feature's of the game you should not comment at all   
  • JohnnyDioxinJohnnyDioxin Posts: 2,722 Valuable Player
    edited August 2020
    I'm pretty sure there is an in game tutorial - I'm sure I did it before I started shooting. Although iirc it doesn't teach you everything. Such as how to go about reloading a revolver.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
    Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
    Neo
    I tried searching for instructions, and then posted what I found. And what I found consisted of videos on youtube that amount to "Pick up gun, load gun, start shooting gun". I also found dozens of threads in the Steam forums, GameFAQ forums, and the like asking if there's any instructions.
    NerveGear
    I tried to find something to give you help on adding accessories 
    Neo
    As far as I can tell, the game has no instructions beyond the first "stage" that teaches you how to reload a specific type of pistol. The game expects you, the player, to already know how to load, cock, and shoot every weapon in real life. It also from what I can tell expects you to already know how to clean, maintain, and mod the weapons in real life. This is because they expect you to use your real-world knowledge to preform these actions in Gun Club VR.
    Here is the only 'instructions' I've been able to find.
    NerveGear
    I did find a you tube video that gave me some insight on the game I'm unable to post the link at this time its posted by  PhilanthroPwn 
    edited August 2020
    edited - see next post

Okay, just had a quick go, and as I have just reset the headset I was starting from scratch, as any new player would.

Things have changed since I first started playing last year - but I really don't see what the issue is. You are coached all the time by the range instructor - he quite literally tells you what to do as you go along (which isn't much).
    On the rare occasions he doesn't tell you - such as the first time you have to reload - a hint comes up to show you what to do - either move the thumbstick or press A are the usual hints for doing things to get on.

If that's too difficult for you then I suggest you ask for a refund.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,352 Volunteer Moderator
    I had some frustration with some of the attachments—when you’re buying them, it’s not at all clear whether they are any good for your purposes. You have to buy rails to mount scopes and laser pointers, but the rails don’t always go where you want them to, or don’t accept the attachments that you want to mount. That part of the game could definitely use some clarification and explanation.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • WillyBurtzWillyBurtz Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Pixie40 said:
    I tried searching for instructions, and then posted what I found. And what I found consisted of videos on youtube that amount to "Pick up gun, load gun, start shooting gun". I also found dozens of threads in the Steam forums, GameFAQ forums, and the like asking if there's any instructions.
    I'm in the same boat and yes I can fire real guns even so lets not go there.  But what I am looking for are the different controlling holding calibration options and what they do. This is located in the settings config menus.  They don't seem to be responsive and there's an issue with how the guns is held when two hands are on it. 
  • WillyBurtzWillyBurtz Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    I had some frustration with some of the attachments—when you’re buying them, it’s not at all clear whether they are any good for your purposes. You have to buy rails to mount scopes and laser pointers, but the rails don’t always go where you want them to, or don’t accept the attachments that you want to mount. That part of the game could definitely use some clarification and explanation.
    The bullets too.  I it would be nice if they tell you the caliber of the bullets.

• N0tG0nnaLieImmaLilHiN0tG0nnaLieImmaLilHi Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2020
    Im kinda in the same boat as well. I think i got most features mastered by now. However since i know nothing of guns in real life i would like some real life strategy/technique tips on how to for example best aim a gun (e.g., recomended stances for the various situations; eyes both open or just one open for better acuracy, etc). Would be nice if the game contained a primer on sport shooting techniques or something
  • dhgolddhgold Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    The lack of instructions/information is really frustrating.  I know a good bit about guns but there are plenty of things I don't know.  LIke, I don't know which rail is necessary for a laser sight I want for an automatic that  I have never owned.  Why isn't there some indication?  Why is it hit or miss?  And if you get the wrong thing can you return it and get your "money" back?  If so, how?  It's a neat game but they really dropped the ball when it comes to instruction .......... plenty of choices but no guidance.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.