New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Medal Of Honour Above & Beyond Story Trailer

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,276 Valuable Player
Looks cool so far.

System Specs: RTX 3090 , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• Neo_33Neo_33 Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Just watched it and I am hyped for this. Definitely looks promising and Respawn has a good track record with their previous games. 
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 560
    Neo
    Damn, it looks really good. I'm officially hyped for this game.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,029 Valuable Player
    Oh yeah baby, bring it on!!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,415 Valuable Player
    Looks great, although the trailer probably won't impress my pancake loving friends too much. 

Now we just need Lone Echo which soon may be more than 1 year late to the show...
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,709 Valuable Player
    Looks great - thanks for sharing @Shadowmask72

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,207 Volunteer Moderator
    Looks very good, there seems to be a lot of varied environments... hopefully that means it'll be a reasonably big game.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,914 Valuable Player
    Can't wait to play this! Killing Nazis in video games is awesome. Killing Nazis in video games in VR is even awesomerer. B)
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,553 Valuable Player
    edited August 28
    Hmmm, I really hope we aren't going to have all that B-film blather or FMV in the game - it's the reason I ditched CoD after 4. I did buy later ones on very cheap Steam sales, but they are even worse - watch 3 minutes of video, do some menial task, then watch another few minutes of video.  Really not my thing at all.

If that's just trailer stuff (like that awesome one for Dead Island - unsurpassed imho) then that's fine - but please not in the game. I'll wait for gameplay videos after release.
    (edit - this one)

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,962 Volunteer Moderator
    JD-UK said:
    (like that awesome one for Dead Island - unsurpassed imho)...
    (edit - this one)

I agree, that Dead Island trailer was one of the best ever made. Loved it when I first saw it, and it still holds up. Better than the game itself.

Anyway, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond looks pretty good, and Respawn know how to make a great game, so I’m sure this will be top notch.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
    edited August 28
    nalex66 said:

Anyway, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond looks pretty good, and Respawn know how to make a great game, so I’m sure this will be top notch.

Agreed, fun thing one dude on Reddit said he thought the Rift version didn't look better than the iPhone version, lol - but I do understand part of what he was saying. The lighting does seem a bit down-scaled and dated, and poly levels might not be Doom Eternal nor Alyx class, but the dynamic shadows look really great. This may indicate that you don't need a high-end gpu to run the game. Floating hands like Alyx might also reduce system requirements. 

Also we all know that 2D trailers simply can't communication the pure awesomeness of VR - even the Lone Echo trailer looks quite bad in 2D. I expect Medal of Honor to look like 10 times better when inside the hmd. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,779 Valuable Player
    I could never understand why the Walking Dead games got such high reviews. I remember it was like watching an animated movie with a bit of crappy gameplay added in just to keep you interested.
    Hopefully they have not dumbed down the GFX to allow it to run on mobile Quest.
    Based on the trailer , that would not appear to be the case.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    edited August 28
    dburne said:

They surely have not, no way Quest could run the game shown in the trailer. But I could wonder if the devs might have held back a little on the polygons to make it easier to port to Quest - then again, holding back might be more to let all PCVR owners be able to enjoy the game. And of course the game does not look bad at all. 

Yup, no Quest release, although they do make sure to mention that Quest users can enjoy this game with a Link cable and VR-capable PC.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,779 Valuable Player
    dburne said:

I would love to see the look on everyone's face if it turned out looking like Onward for PC -VR and Quest.
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    Seems that only Oculus care about PCVR market. Just judging by how much they support exclusives.
    RedRizla said:
    dburne said:

I would love to see the look on everyone's face if it turned out looking like Onward for PC -VR and Quest.
    Man Crying GIFs  Tenor

This is the best illustration of the reality of a PC against a Quest version - the issues that shape the developers decisions:

For those that tried to claim that developing a high quality PC VR experience - and then that the porting process over to the Quest was "not that difficult" - please think again!

Possibly the new Quest-Pro with a better processor could alleviate many of these issues, but that hardware is not out yet!

• marcelofdezmarcelofdez Posts: 35 Oculus Start Member
    It looks great!  :o
    CEO y Fundador 

• falken76falken76 Posts: 3,025 Valuable Player
    Holy crap, this is the only Oculus exclusive I've seen that looks interesting to me.  I'm getting HP Reverb G2, but I'm keeping my rift, I'll pick this one up, I like that they went back the the WWII genre.

• falken76falken76 Posts: 3,025 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:
    This is the best illustration of the reality of a PC against a Quest version - the issues that shape the developers decisions:

For those that tried to claim that developing a high quality PC VR experience - and then that the porting process over to the Quest was "not that difficult" - please think again!

Possibly the new Quest-Pro with a better processor could alleviate many of these issues, but that hardware is not out yet!

They are an experienced dev team, so they know what they're doing.  Can't help but think though, they may have seen what happened to Onward and said "Those poor fools, this was their first game, they just didn't know...."
    falken76 said:
    Holy crap, this is the only Oculus exclusive I've seen that looks interesting to me.  I'm getting HP Reverb G2, but I'm keeping my rift, I'll pick this one up, I like that they went back the the WWII genre.

Yeah when have my Reverb G2 I also plan on keeping my Rift S, I will definitely be getting this game.
    Interesting at the end of the trailer they splash both Quest and Rift S names on it.
    Guess they are thinking of Quest w/ Link.
    Don

edited August 29
    dburne said:
    falken76 said:

Yeah when have my Reverb G2 I also plan on keeping my Rift S, I will definitely be getting this game.
    Interesting at the end of the trailer they splash both Quest and Rift S names on it.
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the fine print at the end specifies that Quest users need a VR-capable 
    PC to play this via Link. If you look at the headset images at the end of the trailer, the Quest also shows the Link cable.

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,914 Valuable Player
    kevinw729 said:

It really isn't that difficult. You obviously have to downgrade some stuff in terms of retopologising models, lower resolution textures or maybe even stylising the game instead of using PBR textures (which is something I'm considering for Dino Coaster VR) to make it run on the potato powering the Quest but it should be possible.

Just look at what Oculus did with Robo Recall.
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    dburne said:
    falken76 said:

Isnt there a way to run oculus games with other headsets? With G2 you can have better resolution. You might have to low graphic setting. Depending if game is made to run with current oculus hmds 80hz with max settings and 2080 minimum.
    saami81 said:
    dburne said:
    falken76 said:

Isnt there a way to run oculus games with other headsets? With G2 you can have better resolution. You might have to low graphic setting. Depending if game is made to run with current oculus hmds 80hz with max settings and 2080 minimum.

Yeah through Revive I guess, obviously I have no experience with it yet but I am sure I will be looking into it
    once I have the Reverb G2.
    Don

snowdog said:
    It really isn't that difficult. You obviously have to downgrade some stuff in terms of retopologising models, lower resolution textures or maybe even stylising the game instead of using PBR textures (which is something I'm considering for Dino Coaster VR) to make it run on the potato powering the Quest but it should be possible.

Just look at what Oculus did with Robo Recall.

Glad your not getting the hand lag and audio issues others reported on the Quest - I think the great work the team did on the last patch made the difference, and squeezed the last out of that processors as Oculus Texas did with the work they did. 
    edited August 30
    New screenshot have arrived <3 

• JanetteeTurnerrJanetteeTurnerr Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Interesting responses are in this thread)
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,553 Valuable Player
    Well considering the awesome updates that have come for Quest, with a really incredible improvement in graphics/colour saturation along with freedom of movement, I'd be very happy to get a Quest version of this game.

Last time I put my headset on for NMS a few days ago was a real "Wow!" moment and persuaded me to spend a lot more time in my Quest for that game (which is currently my most played VR title), rather than Index.