New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

NYX: The Dark Cyberpunk VRMMORPG (Announcement Teaser)

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,282 Valuable Player

System Specs: RTX 3090 , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,282 Valuable Player
    edited September 5
    @Wildt You see, put this here (18 thread views) and nadda discussion about what could be an incredible VR MMORPG set within a cyberpunk setting.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,392 Valuable Player
    If you're going for more views and discussion on this, a few things I noticed:
    • The Trailer wasn't very good. I absolutely love MMORPG's, and even played the hell out of Orbus. But this Trailer didn't show anything that tells me what features and abilities will be available.
    • The graphics were more Disney ACME than SteamPunk.
    • It's hard to sell a good MMORPG when the industry has something like World of WarCraft that set the standard. Even Orbus got incredibly repetitive and uninteresting once you hit a certain level. Orbus has roughly 2% of the replay-ability of something like WoW. At the very least, VRMMORPG's need to be as interesting as the Elder Scrolls Online.
    • This was posted in the Games and Apps sub-forum. Traffic here is always incredibly low. Happens to my threads here as well.
    • Nobody gives a shit about fun topics right now; as the current state of things is to complain about Facebook!

Love ya, Shadow! <3
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,545 Valuable Player
    edited September 6
    Not sure what there is to discuss looks very early Alpha, no info to get your teeth into and not overly impressed with the character style.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,282 Valuable Player
    I think VR MMOs have been tried before, so I wondered if this concept would evoke some kind of discussion. For me, I like the idea it seems sound, but they are 2022 release and have a Patreon. So it does feel a little like it's at the concept stage rather than development and will probably never release unless the persons developing it get some major backing.

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    I personnaly love the look and feel it from the trailer.
    A Blade Runner, Deus Ex vibe.
    Of course gameplay makes or breaks a game as does the community.
    Hince why I dont play Rust.
    WAAAGH!
    edited September 7
    I must have looked at a different video, I was getting a rec room vibe. :)

However good luck to them, I am up for anything cyberpunk if done right.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,795 Valuable Player
    I play a buncb of indie games so content is prime verse cutting edge graphics for me.
    I also grew up with pong intelivision nes etc etc so graphics are what you make of em.
    WAAAGH!
    edited September 7
    I had the 70's pong as well, plus an Atari woody, ZX81 and ZX Spectrum before jumping into PC's. You may notice my avatar is a 1980 game called adventure who's main character is literally a square. I am a  pretty nostalgic person but times move on though and VR for me is about immersion not Rec Room or floating face book avatars. Games suffer without a body or at least arms.

The city looked good and obviously its early days.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,297 Valuable Player
    @Wildt You see, put this here 

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb