cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Horizon Beta

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I thought I would open a place for people to discuss the Horizon Beta.

My first experience was not too good. You create an avatar. Unfortunately, my choice for a body was a woman's body or a woman's body. I can't find anywhere to change your gender (I'm a 58 year-old man), my Facebook page lists me as male and there doesn't appear to be any mechanism for feedback or help anywhere.

Usually, my experience as a Beta tester has included strong mechanisms for identifying and reporting bugs. Maybe it's actually still a late Alpha project.

What are other people's experiences like so far? Some of it seems pretty cool.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

8 REPLIES 8

I asked but didn't get accepted for beta testing.... just wondering, are there no NDA's in place for this?

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

I asked but didn't get accepted for beta testing.... just wondering, are there no NDA's in place for this?

I didn't see an NDA, so I don't think there are any restrictions on talking about it.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’m not in the a Horizon beta, but I tried the new avatars in the Venues beta. I agree, the options are limited right now. My arms felt like they were sprouting out from my nipples, with how narrow the shoulders are on the avatar bodies. I hope they add some facial hair options, too. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kasante
Honored Guest

My first experience was not too good. You create an avatar. Unfortunately, my choice for a body was a woman's body or a woman's body. I can't find anywhere to change your gender (I'm a 58 year-old man), my Facebook page lists me as male and there doesn't appear to be any mechanism for feedback or help anywhere.

Usually, my experience as a Beta tester has included strong mechanisms for identifying and reporting bugs. Maybe it's actually still a late Alpha project.

Exactly the same problem I'm having. My facebook account shows my gender as a male but it only gives me female body options.. And they didn't give any place you should go for support.

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

kasante said:

Exactly the same problem I'm having. My facebook account shows my gender as a male but it only gives me female body options.. And they didn't give any place you should go for support.

I was able to hit the randomize button and get to some male models, but I would only get limited options to customize them, and none of them had the option for facial hair, which is essential for my avatar 🙂

FrancisRedi
Protege
Pressing the randomize button any number of times will get you only female avatars, which is what I am experiencing too even though on Facebook I've been designated a male ever since I joined. Sure you can try to choose features that would make you look like a male as much as possible, but stop pretending...look at those lips and eyes, face choices, overwhelming female hair options... there is no beards, mustaches, anything that would indicate male features.  Walking around the world there are avatars that are clearly men. Try talking to other people awkwardly and have people disappear or go away because the avatar doesn't match the voice gender. I wouldn't be surprised if people report me as someone pretending to be someone I'm not....

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

My arms felt like they were sprouting out from my nipples

😄 

xr0wdmdahl5p.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe Facebook is trying to tell you all something?!!?!? ??