New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cannot get mic to work over link cable

Chillswitch_EngageChillswitch_Engage Posts: 12
Brain Burst
edited September 6 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest

So yeah, I'm at my witz-end here. Oculus software recognizes the mic with no issue and I can see the virtual audio headset device to select as an input but the volume stays at half in Windows and does not pick up anything in Windows voice recorder, OBS, SteamVR, Discord, etc.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling it in the device manager with no luck as well as confirmed that windows privacy settings are enabled for the mic to use apps. Someone suggested trying the Oculus beta software build or potentially using the included driver install package executable in the program files folder but again, no luck. Anyone have any ideas? I know the mic works fine by itself when its not over link cable.

Comments

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,769 Valuable Player
    Did you select which mic to use in the PC sound settings below? I don't have an Oculus Quest, but I do know I have to select which mic to use when connecting things to my PC that have a mic.

• Chillswitch_EngageChillswitch_Engage Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    I've already tried that.

edited September 6
    I've already tried that.

This a pic of the sound setting, is this on your computer? It's just I see a green bar which indicates voice is being heard?
    Brain Burst
    edited September 6
    I appreciate you trying to help but if you would have read all the way through my post you would have seen that's one of the first things I mentioned.
    edited September 6
    Don't want to explain all these things so it's best just to give you this link below. Might be worth looking at doing some of these things just to eliminate as many things as possible. Might even be the cable if it isn't any of these things.

https://appuals.com/fix-microphone-not-working-on-windows-10/
    Brain Burst
    Unfortunately still cannot get it to work.
  • philneitzphilneitz Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Got the same issue - I can only fix this, by removing the Oculus Virtual Link Audio Device on Device Manager and reinstalling the drivers from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

This is a one time fix - after that it's broken again
    Brain Burst
    philneitz said:
    Got the same issue - I can only fix this, by removing the Oculus Virtual Link Audio Device on Device Manager and reinstalling the drivers from C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers

This is a one time fix - after that it's broken again

You are the bomb dot freekin com!!! This worked.