New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

A Shout Out to Oculus Customer Service

Double_ShotDouble_Shot Posts: 127
Art3mis
edited September 8 in Support
I've owned a Rift for a little over a couple years and am what you might call a "power buyer".  I buy a lot of software here and on Steam and like a lot of people, I occasionally buy something that's simply not going to work out for whatever reason so I need to get a refund.  Typically it's a straight forward process, but just recently, I had an issue with a bundled product that wouldn't allow a return.  But within 24 hours after turning in a support ticket, Oculus had refunded my $$ on a one-time exception, but with a reminder that bundled product can't be refunded.  I'm not sure the reason for that policy but it is what it is and I thank OR customer service for making a one-time exception for me.  $30 bucks USD is $30 bucks.

Comments

• DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,314 Volunteer Moderator
    From your post here, I suspect you're the type of person who's polite with their requests. I honestly think that goes a long way to swaying decisions, whether with Oculus or whoever. Anyway, I'm glad you got the right result 👍
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • Double_ShotDouble_Shot Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    From your post here, I suspect you're the type of person who's polite with their requests. I honestly think that goes a long way to swaying decisions, whether with Oculus or whoever. Anyway, I'm glad you got the right result 👍
    Polite but firm and direct.  Like a lot of people, I can get frustrated with customer service in general from time to time, but ultimately I try to remember that we're all trying to get through the work day - no sense in making any harder than it has to be.