Whenever i use my Rift S the screen starts to flicker and then the screen goes black. The sound keep playing and the controllers work but screen goes black. Also, the GPU usage stays the same when the screen goes black which tells me the headset is still working and doing its thing. To fix it i have to unplug and replug USB and DisplayPort. This happens everytime i use the Rift S, always within minutes.
The flickering happens even if i just cover the sensor while being in the Oculus Home menu. Doesn't matter if the GPU usage is at 10% or 95%.
Things i've tried to fix the problem:
- Fresh windows 10 install. (Including formatting drive)
- All windows updates installed.
- Nvidia studio & game ready drivers (Also with no Nvidia drivers)
- Reinstalling Oculus Home, reparing it and installed the Beta updates.
- Disabling USB shutdown in USB Power Management
- Connecting to all USB-A & C ports
- Unplugging everything from USB-ports (Including mouse & keyboard) so that only the Rift S is connected.
- Manually updating Asus drivers for all things motherboard related
- Two graphic cards (Asus GeForce RTX2080 TI Turbo 11gb & Radeon RX 570)
- Updating UEFI bios to latest version 1004.
- Installed drivers using C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers tool
- Externally powered USB hub
- Checked the cable
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING (mini-itx)
Memory: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2400MHz CL14
HDD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 70MB
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080ti Turbo 11gb
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 700W CM
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit OEM
Tower: Fractal Design Define Nano S
What do you think? Is it most likely to be a problem with the headset, my hardware or oculus software? Do mini-itx motherboard supply the same power to USB ports as bigger boards? Is my 700W power supply enough for my setup?