cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP reverb 2

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Anyone knows if our Oculus library will be available in some way (like steam library) if we buy the fore coming HP Reverb 2 ?
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
5 REPLIES 5

kojack
MVP
MVP
Directly, no. The Reverb G2 only natively supports the Windows store and Steam.
However the free program Revive can help. It hijacks Oculus SDK calls and redirects them to SteamVR. So it lets people play native Oculus games from their library on the Reverb G1, Vive, Index, etc.
It's not perfect though. Not all games work correctly and from what I've read in the code things like parties, in app purchases, events, etc don't work with it. I've never used it myself, I don't have any modern headsets that aren't from oculus (until I get a G2 that is).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
I have the old CV1, it will not last for ever and with the new TOS from facebook and Oculus I don't feel comfortable buying from them anymore and price wise, it looks like what I will purchase next, but I have a lot of apps from Oculus it would be a shame to have to  RE buy all those from Steam.

falken76
Expert Consultant
You can still play them with a hack like re-vive.  This is why many of us didn't buy games from the oculus store unless it was an exclusive...

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
^^^ Yeah, but when I bought my CV1 Oculus wasn't the way it is now, or at least it's real personality wasn't yet revealed,
but still a good move I should've followed 😉

emelyb
Explorer
I dont. But thanks for question!