New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

BREAKING - Quest 2 Video Revealled!

kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,717 Valuable Player
edited September 14 in General
Edit by mod.
Vid temporarily removed.

Just spoken with @Techy111 - and he agrees that as the video(s) are now all over the web, it can go back up:

Tagged:

Comments

• OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 962
    3Jane
    2k per eye, colour me impressed.........but no mention of PC link capabilities?
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 438
    Trinity
    edited September 14
    OmegaM4N said:
    Mentioned at the end of this vid
    https://www.roadtovr.com/leak-quest-2-xr2-2k-resolution-storage/
    Hmm...video disappeared 
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 211
    Nexus 6
    I notice they did not mention "Facebook account required" in the easy to setup comment.
    Not that it matters now really but i thought they would nip that in the bud. I hope they do a black version also.
    :)
  • lensmandavelensmandave Posts: 438
    Trinity
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB
    CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080ti. 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.
    SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive. SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.
    Windows 10  64bit Professional
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,717 Valuable Player
    edited September 14
    Basic Overview against [Fakenews] leaked information!

- No halo strap - confirmed
    - No IPD adjustment - IPD internal setting revealed [image]
    - Fabric strap - confirmed
    - No headphones - confirmed
    - Forward compatibility only - confirmed
    - Called Oculus Quest 2 - confirmed
    - White Color Scheme - confirmed
    - New controller design - confirmed

Information that is new

- Deployment of the Snapdragon XR2
    - 2K per eye, 6 GB RAM
    - Linked to smartphone pairing
    - No mention of Link pairing confirmed [thanks @ShocksVR ]

• ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 561
    Neo
    OmegaM4N said:
    Hmm...video disappeared 

kevinw729 said:
    - No mention of Link at this point [tbd]

It looks like FB is still using the Link cable for Quest 2: https://www.facebookblueprint.com/student/page/215397?sid=1898157&sid_i=13

i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,234 Volunteer Moderator
    Link was mentioned in the other commercial, there are 2 commercials.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,289 Valuable Player
    edited September 14
    This is great news and better than expected. Hopefully the £299 price point sticks for the 64Gb version. I will deffo be getting one to go with my Reverb G2.

Annnnd. Great this time in the video she mentions needing the mobile app to get up and running. That was a big bone of contention with the original. I hope this detail is much more prominent now.

System Specs: RTX 3090 , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    3Jane
    edited September 14
    OmegaM4N said:
    Hmm...video disappeared 

I saw it before it went, but yeah it has PCVR link support, plus they stated lighter, so i assume that OLED screen has been ditched for a LCD to make it lighter......nothing about manual ipd.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,817 Valuable Player
    edited September 14
    I said in another thread it would make sense to use a better processor, so it looks like we think alike sometimes. If they have done all this for $299 or a higher price then good for them.

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,770 Volunteer Moderator
    At least now the usb port is horizontal instead of vertical, so the right angle link cable runs along the side.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
    edited September 14
    Another inside the upgrade video showcasing the link cable at the end.

https://www.facebookblueprint.com/student/page/215397?sid=1898157&sid_i=13

I see shocks already posted the link to this video.

Nexus 6
    Not quite ready to sell my quest yet though. 
    If the price is right then worst case scenario is i can get one cheaper than i paid for my original later.
    I think i will wait for feedback from actual users first.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,770 Volunteer Moderator
    All the Facebook Blueprint site videos of the Quest 2 have just gone down. I'm guessing they didn't realise they were public.
    Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
    edited September 14
    Not quite ready to sell my quest yet though. 
    If the price is right then worst case scenario is i can get one cheaper than i paid for my original later.
    I think i will wait for feedback from actual users first.

I think the window of opportunity to sell your Quest at a reasonable return ended last night :)
    Been a mountain of "Sell your Quest" video's springing up from those posters that were under embargo. A little shameless but what can you expect from some shill's.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,489 Valuable Player
    edited September 14
    XR2 should be about 100 % faster than 835, but of course there may be a higher res taking its toll:

Not sure current Quest owners should be sad - I like oled a lot ;)

Still feels like a hmd for girls/women - surely it's no coincidence with a female presenter and the white color. And who cares if the hmd is easy to take on and off...  I'd prefer black color - and maybe presenters like these guys  :D   

Sylvester Stallone Just Trolled Arnold Schwarzenegger on Instagram

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Nexus 6
    edited September 14
    kevinw729 said:
    I think the window of opportunity to sell your Quest at a reasonable return ended last night :)
    Been a mountain of "Sell your Quest" video's springing up from those posters that were under embargo. A little shameless but what can you expect from some shill's.

Not worried about a reasonable return. Quite happy to hold on to it or pass it on to my son and even if i did want to sell it 100 bucks would knock a nice hole in the 300 i would need assuming that is the price. It could be much more as its all theory and hear say at the moment. 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,052 Valuable Player
    It is interesting the vid had no mention of Link.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 889
    Trinity
    edited September 14
    how interesting! Quest 2!
    3Jane
    dburne said:
    It is interesting the vid had no mention of Link.

It is shown in another video but FB have quickly taken them down, but it is offical supported.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,052 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:
    XR2 should be about 100 % faster than 835, but of course there may be a higher res taking its toll:

OLED is so umm yesteryear...
     ;) 
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,234 Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 14
    The processor and RAM must point to a higher refresh rate in addition to that resolution bump.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 889
    Trinity
    edited September 14
    it looks really basic. which points to it being really easy to buy. i wonder if it will be able to be moved like the gear vr which worked for me? waiting to have a look see.
    edited September 14
    Plot thickens. Some HP Reverb G2 users talking about cancelling their pre-orders. Hehe. I am sure all hell will break loose if this thing is £299 and releases soon. In fact, it would be a great tactical move to have it available this week. That will most certainly break the Reverb G2. I think the only concerns left for some folks is the refresh rate and price. If it's 90hz then that will be a deal breaker for some.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 2,784 Valuable Player
    OmegaM4N said:
    One of the leaked ads mentions it with a usb c connection 
    edited September 14
    kevinw729 said:
    Edit by mod.

Vid temporarily removed.

Sorry, I'm looking for a view from the forum admin on posting leaked videos and will reinstate this if word comes back that it's ok.
    It may not look too great if it's seen that Facebook's own forum is helping with leaks to this extent just 2 days before they want to make announcements.

Sorry again but as I say I'll put the vid back if/when I get word. You can of course do your own YouTube searches and discuss.

DaftnDirect

Totally understand @DaftnDirect for letting me know, and also for the other post on the matter, [not heavy handed at all].
    Await the final arbitration, though I would point to the issue that the video is now web-wide and its a little hard to see why the official forum can not show this - maybe just better to put the link to the vid behind a "Spoiler"?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,998 Volunteer Moderator
    kevinw729 said:
    Basic Overview against [Fakenews] leaked information!

- No halo strap - confirmed
    - No IPD adjustment - still unknown at this point
    - Fabric strap - confirmed
    - No headphones - confirmed
    - Forward compatibility only - confirmed
    - Called Oculus Quest 2 - confirmed
    - White Color Scheme - confirmed
    - New controller design - confirmed

Information that is new

- Deployment of the Snapdragon XR2
    - 2K per eye, 6 GB RAM
    - Linked to smartphone pairing
    - No mention of Link pairing confirmed [thanks @ShocksVR ]

Well, this was pretty much the Quest 2 I’ve been expecting, but the XR2 goes even farther than I had dared to hope for! Hopefully we’ll get more details of the actual resolution, screen type, and IPD adjustment mechanism soon.

Where do you get confirmation of forward-only compatibility? Yes, the Quest 2 has more RAM, but I didn’t see any indication that there would be an influx of apps that wouldn’t run on the old Quest. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
    RuneSR2 said:

Still feels like a hmd for girls/women - surely it's no coincidence with a female presenter and the white color. And who cares if the hmd is easy to take on and off...  I'd prefer black color - and maybe presenters like these guys  :

I agree that the OLED will still have a loyal following - but the 20% extra pixel presentation from the Quest 2 will also have its major supporters. 

It will be interesting to see how some posters on the various forums will be able to defend their "Quest CV1 has enough power with the Snapdragon 835.... the newer processors are just not needed!" arguments. Also those detractors of the XR2 cabal of developers (Samsung, HP, Pico, Panasonic etc.,) means that next year there will be a slew of Standalone headsets - all with the same performance number, but on one side a locked ecosystem, and on the other the XR opensource agreement supporters! Hopefully peer pressure can force Oculus to open the garden gates!
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,817 Valuable Player
    Plot thickens. Some HP Reverb G2 users talking about cancelling their pre-orders. Hehe. I am sure all hell will break loose if this thing is £299 and releases soon. In fact, it would be a great tactical move to have it available this week. That will most certainly break the Reverb G2. I think the only concerns left for some folks is the refresh rate and price. If it's 90hz then that will be a deal breaker for some.

I'll be keeping the HP G2 on order because I don't have to set up a Facebook Social Media account to use it. It also has fantastic headphones and looks way more comfortable. I have family who don't mind using Facebook, so if Samsung don't produce a standalone VR headset, then I could get one of these and just link it to my mother's account I guess. 

I recently saw a YouTube video that strongly suggests you should not try to set up a fake Facebook account to use the Oculus Quest headset.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,643 Valuable Player
    The 2x Quest 2 YT vids are still there on MRTV so I don't see the point in removing the links here?

https://www.youtube.com/c/mixedrealityTV/videos

Maybe there is a good reason that I'm not aware of.  Cheers.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).