New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Leaks show huge quest improvements!

inovatorinovator Posts: 2,781 Valuable Player
edited September 14 in General

This will make me give away my rift s and maybe not buy the hp g2. If no other standalone is announced this all in one headset.would be the future of oculus. That was my prediction months ago. There are video like ads you can easily find that push this headset and mention specs in the article. 

Oculus Quest 2 Leaked – ‘Almost 4K’ Resolution, Snapdragon XR-2, 6GB RAM

The rumored Oculus Quest 2 just got confirmed by a couple of leaked videos that went up on the Facebook Blueprint website. The videos call it 'the most advanced all-in-one VR system yet'.

It'll be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon XR-2 chipset, a massive improvement over the original Quest's Snapdragon 835 given its double CPU and GPU performance, 11x faster AI processing, 6x video resolution support, and 4x video bandwidth. Other confirmed specs for the Oculus Quest 2 include 6GB of RAM and an 'almost 4K' display, featuring 'nearly 2K per eye'; that's about 50% more pixels compared to the original model, making it the highest-resolution headset ever made by Oculus. In terms of storage size, there'll be a 256GB version, though it doesn't sound like it will be the basic one.

I just posted below in a different panel a video.

Comments

• dburnedburne Posts: 4,029 Valuable Player
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,779 Valuable Player
    There's already a thread about all this.
  • hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 881
    Trinity
    edited September 14
    it looks really nice. waiting to see 1 in my hands. thank you oculus. :)
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,781 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    There's already a thread about all this.
    If there's a thread already on this sorry gang. I did look to see if there was so it may be they both came out close to the same time. 
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,207 Volunteer Moderator
    Yep thread already there and I'm waiting to hear about posting the leaked vids on the forum so sorry, will close this thread.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
This discussion has been closed.