New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

windows 7 installer

hello all. An error occurs when installing the program oculus rift on windows 7 sp1
update required
KB2670838 
KB3033929
but these updates are already installed in the system
what to do?

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,589 Valuable Player
    I think you may need to bite the bullet and upgrade to win10.  If you actually have a lot of win7 apps that will not run on Win10, even in compatible mode then maybe use something like partition magic and create a dual boot system.  Sorry but fighting PCVR with win7 is not going to get you far in the long run imho.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• tehnikpctehnikpc Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I will never use windows 10 very slow
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,589 Valuable Player
    tehnikpc said:
    Well then you are on your own mate, lol!  Good luck.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 192
    Art3mis
    edited September 14
    tehnikpc said:
    Rubbish .. Win 10 is one of the best OS's ever IMHO 
    There would only be 2 reasons it would be slow
    1.. Your using the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 which is sluggish due to the fact it almost emulates half your Win7 stuff
    2.. Your system just does not have the specs for it.

I have installed a fresh full Windows 10 ( no win 7 contamination ) Countless times on older systems and it runs like a dream.
    :)
  • tehnikpctehnikpc Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    i install with key /bypassHotfixCheck 
    so far so good