New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus quest 1 will be forgotten?

basically that's the question. After filtering the new quest 2, will no more games be made for quest 1?

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,938 Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 14
    I don’t think that will be the case, but we’ll hopefully hear more on Wednesday. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • StrongitStrongit Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    It's the same type of processor, the new one is more powerful and specialized.  What will probably happen is titles going forward will have both headsets in mind and scale back the graphics for the old one.  As for oculus supporting it I don't think it will drop off completely right away, just not as many frequent updates.

Of course this is all speculation.  As nalex said, we'll hopefully hear about support on Wednesday.
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 862
    3Jane
    edited September 14
    The Rift CV1 discontinued in 2019 is still supported by Oculus Rift software. So why would the Quest (1) not continue to be supported for some time? I think it will be. There aren’t any games on the Rift platform that only run on the Rift S and not the Rift are there?
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,184 Volunteer Moderator
    The Oculus what?
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
  • wuzpwuzp Posts: 516
    Neo
    Since the Q2 is lighter than the Q1, and can "be worn for longer periods of time," I'm sure the Q1 will find an appropriate use in the Dungeon Room of The Green Door in Las Vegas :)
  • synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 192
    Art3mis
    From a developer point of view Ignoring the Quest 1 would be a stupid move ( and they know it )
    They may sell a handful of Quest 2 only games but thousands of Quest 1's. 
    Being compatible with both is icing on the cake for them.