New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Are there any games that help with multiplication tables?

ReneewertReneewert Posts: 1
NerveGear
Since we are doing virtual school and my son loves the VR games, I wanted to know if there are any games out there that will help him learn his multiplication tables and later more advanced math in a fun way.  We have the Oculus Go. 

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,436 Valuable Player
    Best way is pen and paper.

Oh and maybe teach him how to play Yu-Gi-Oh card game.  That will help with math as well.
  • Double_ShotDouble_Shot Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    Digikid1 said:
    Best way is pen and paper.

Oh and maybe teach him how to play Yu-Gi-Oh card game.  That will help with math as well.
    "Pen and paper".  Bet she never thought of that!  Good suggestion!
  • Double_ShotDouble_Shot Posts: 59
    Hiro Protagonist
    Reneewert said:
    Since we are doing virtual school and my son loves the VR games, I wanted to know if there are any games out there that will help him learn his multiplication tables and later more advanced math in a fun way.  We have the Oculus Go. 
    I have perused and downloaded hundreds of Oculus apps.  Unfortunately, I can say I have never come across one as you described.  I'm all for any approach that gets kids to learn, whether it's pen and paper, calculator and books or even VR.  This might not be a bad idea for an app.  Just need a high enough demand for it to get the interest of a developer to make it happen.  
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,624 Valuable Player
    Reneewert said:
    Probably the best/easiest thing to do with your Go is to use your Go browser to view YouTube.  Search YT for say, Multiplication Tables, and you will see lots of great instructional videos.  Probably not any better than watching these on a monitor but maybe more fun for your son to watch on the Go.  For example;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3PojOwjHcc

I'm sure there are other vids that cover different math areas.  I hope this adds something, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).