New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How about privacy if we need to login the oculus quest by facebook account?

bubbleballbubbleball Posts: 1
NerveGear
If it need to use facebook to login the facebook and I give my oculus quest to friend for playing for a period.

Can they open  my facebook and do something with my facebook profile or read message or not?

Comments

• MradrMradr Posts: 4,149 Valuable Player
    edited September 16
    If it need to use facebook to login the facebook and I give my oculus quest to friend for playing for a period.

Can they open  my facebook and do something with my facebook profile or read message or not?
    We wont know 100% until release of the new software what all the new apps will be able to do. Short answer for right now is no - they will need to know your log in information still.

Under the new ToS  though - if you do lend out your headset - you are giving your friends/family/anyone permission to use your account as you. Unless - you make them create their own account at witch they can use to log in instead to access their purchase apps. Actually - under the new ToS anyone outside of you - will need to create their own accounts if they intend to use the headset.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,938 Volunteer Moderator
    They are introducing a multi-user system that will allow other users to login on your headset using their own Facebook account.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0