cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any chance that i can replace my brand new oculus quest 1 with an oculus quest 2, bought it for around $700 3 months ago, before I heard about the quest 2 and am now fairly unhappy at my mistake. Could I in any way exchange my one for the new one???
3 REPLIES 3

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
3 months ago? Why was that a mistake? Oh and no - you will have to sell your Quest if you don't want it, and buy a Quest 2.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit rude JD-UK...

Anyways, short answer is no. I am not sure where the 700 came from... but at the end of the day - its been rumor for a while about a Quest 2. On the bright side you got a few months out of it no problem. Software will continue to come out for it as well. If anything, just sell it on your local market place and see about getting some of your money back and then look to upgrade. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@JoeOnQuest
I purchased mine 3 months ago and initially felt the same but having had a good think about it looking at the pro's and cons i figured let others try it first before i dive in.

Sure its 100 bucks cheaper but that horrible head strap has to go and your gonna need a decent USB cable for Link which most are ordering from Oculus at the same time adding 100 bucks or even more to the original £299. so it ends up around the £399 mark once again.( however you still do get better specs )

Then you have the fact its new and has not yet been tested by the masses so ideally i would prefer to wait 6 months and see how the feedback rolls out or any common issues or problems with the new device. Things do flop you know however unlikely it may seem.

Then of course there could be a Quest 3 next year ( why not its just happened ) 
I would say get your moneys worth out of your Quest and enjoy it. The Quest 1 is not going anywhere anytime soon.
The real value is what you personally get out of it and not what you sell it for 12 months down the road.