cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You want a 3090? Use a bot

falken76
Expert Consultant
This is why we couldn't get 3080 cards.

If you know programming, you can use this bot to buy what you need on launch since nobody seems to offer pre-orders anymore.  Apparently this works on Best Buy and Nvidia.

As of 2 days ago these guys were thinking that Nvidia has haulted sales to cancel bot/scalping orders and will slowly increase stock.  Their bots reported aprox 360 units in stock before they believe Nvidia disabled sales.

They are currently trying to find the product id for the 3090, those cards will be insta gone just like the 3080 was if you don't use this program and see that product code listed in the thread somewhere if they find it.
9 REPLIES 9

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
If you can't beat them, join them - but I'm not that desperate ... yet  😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It’s frustrating to not get one when you’ve decided you want to buy, but it’s not the end of the world. I’m sure as hell not going to buy at an inflated price from some scalper. I can wait a few weeks, and maybe there will be a better bundled game later—I’m not interested in Watchdogs Legion, but if they offered a Cyberpunk 2077 bundle next month, that would suit me just fine.  

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

saami81
Rising Star
Can one person buy multiple 3k series cards? I mean more than three. If so then this could be easily avoided. Many companies already do that to avoid resellers hoarding everything.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

nalex66 said:

It’s frustrating to not get one when you’ve decided you want to buy, but it’s not the end of the world. I’m sure as hell not going to buy at an inflated price from some scalper. I can wait a few weeks, and maybe there will be a better bundled game later—I’m not interested in Watchdogs Legion, but if they offered a Cyberpunk 2077 bundle next month, that would suit me just fine.  

I'm still not sure 3080 really is available. I think Anandtech some years ago said they would no longer post reviews before new gpus were widely available - and thus would no longer cover "paper launches". Can't help but wondering why Anandtech - which I consider the world's biggest, greatest and most influential test site - still has not published any 3080 review. Normally Anandtech is ready on the official launch date, but right now there's nothing on their site - no 3080 review at all. And Anandtech still covers Nvidia stuff - like this from September 1:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16057/nvidia-announces-the-geforce-rtx-30-series-ampere-for-gaming-st...

Can't help thinking that Nvidia just launched a video card which is so rare that extremely few will be able to buy it - blaming bots may cover the real issues? 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Nothing new on this though is there ? Ordered my 2080ti June 2018 didn't get it til Dec 2018
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had no trouble getting my EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, however for that release they offered pre-orders and I was able to get in on it.  They are not doing that this time.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

saami81 said:

Can one person buy multiple 3k series cards? I mean more than three. If so then this could be easily avoided. Many companies already do that to avoid resellers hoarding everything.

My thoughts too - bots may easily be avoided by allowing one person one card to one address. Can't be that hard?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

nalex66 said:

I'm still not sure 3080 really is available. I think Anandtech some years ago said they would no longer post reviews before new gpus were widely available - and thus would no longer cover "paper launches". Can't help but wondering why Anandtech - which I consider the world's biggest, greatest and most influential test site - still has not published any 3080 review. Normally Anandtech is ready on the official launch date, but right now there's nothing on their site - no 3080 review at all. And Anandtech still covers Nvidia stuff - like this from September 1:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16057/nvidia-announces-the-geforce-rtx-30-series-ampere-for-gaming-st...

Can't help thinking that Nvidia just launched a video card which is so rare that extremely few will be able to buy it - blaming bots may cover the real issues? 

I checked store stock at Canada Computers for the EVGA XC3 on release day, after the 9:00 EDT release time, but before the stores opened at 10:00. They had a total 6 cards across the whole province of Ontario (population 13 million). No more than one per store, and I’m sure those were snapped up by employees or their friends. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
PC Canada is accepting back orders for rtx 3080 cards. Might be a good idea for anyone in Canada to get on the list. I'm still waiting for the rtx 3090 even though early indications show only 10-20% increase over 3080 (probably due to early drivers). That will 'probably' change over time though once Nvidia optimizes drivers to fully utilize the 3090's extra cores, etc. (hopefully).

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0