New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

v21 PTC PC Software Release Notes

Oculus Link
  • We improved our automatic graphics setting prediction to help ensure you have the optimal experience with Oculus Link.
  • We fixed an issue that was causing a delay in Link starting up after selecting Enable from the in-VR prompt. 

Comments

• maxstepmaxstep Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    I know its pointless, and I do have quest 2 preordered, but Rift S still only picks up as usb 2.0 lads. Could you please do something?... Ever since ptc v14 or 17 dont even remember now. Even had the Rift S replaced.
    No Rift S love whatsoever, and thats coming from a person with quest 2 and link cable preorder.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,769 Valuable Player
    maxstep said:
    I know its pointless, and I do have quest 2 preordered, but Rift S still only picks up as usb 2.0 lads. Could you please do something?... Ever since ptc v14 or 17 dont even remember now. Even had the Rift S replaced.
    No Rift S love whatsoever, and thats coming from a person with quest 2 and link cable preorder.
    You'll probably be the first to report back that your Quest 2 Link cable only reports back as usb2, lol!  Just kidding mate, cheers.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,880 Valuable Player
    edited September 28
    My Rift still works but many items in my library have no thumbnail or picture or whatever name it goes by. This is in both the desktop app and the library in the headset.
    (Version 21.0.0.473.119)
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• MalicTolsenMalicTolsen Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    This bug for the Oculus Dash is still not fixed for the Rift S, and has been happening since Dec 2019:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/86013/pinned-display-z-fighting-issue-bug#latest
  • Redlightning7777Redlightning7777 Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    Yes MalicTolsen .. same issue with me.   Not to mention the missing icons from the previous post. 

I wish they would just fix what they broke.  Makes me wonder why two totally unrelated 'fixes' breaks something else.

• OzDruiDOzDruiD Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Confirm the Oculus Dash \ drag out window bug is still happening   as per here !!
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/86013/pinned-display-z-fighting-issue-bug#latest

How many updates\how long does it take ?
  • Samsonite121Samsonite121 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    For me the missing icons are now fixed during the day. I don't know if this is related to the new v21 PTC because directly after updating last night the icons were still not complete.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,191 Volunteer Moderator
    I noticed the missing graphics from a few game tiles in my Library a couple days ago (before PTC 21 released). They eventually fixed themselves. Nothing to do with this release, I don't think.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,146 Valuable Player
    Richooal said:
    My Rift still works but many items in my library have no thumbnail or picture or whatever name it goes by. This is in both the desktop app and the library in the headset.
    (Version 21.0.0.473.119)
    Same here.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    nalex66 said:
    I noticed the missing graphics from a few game tiles in my Library a couple days ago (before PTC 21 released). They eventually fixed themselves. Nothing to do with this release, I don't think.

Mine are back again. So now we have 2 things that come and go. Library tiles and correct USB 3 detection.

• Karu62Karu62 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    just tried the .21 update. the tracking cameras still shut off after about 2 minutes (I use passthrough to verify the cameras are off). I have done all the youtube suggestions about USB power options and external powered USB hub with no effect.
    I run my test on 2 different games. 1st is RaceRoom racing sim. second is 1943 Berlin Blitz. I use Berlin Blitz so I can sit still and rule out any issues with the cord causing the problem. 
    one observation I have noticed is that the cameras stay on while going through start up and menus (it takes longer to navigate RaceRoom than Berlin Blitz) and only shut off after spawning into the game, both of which have the same delay time before shutting the cameras off (about 2 minutes).
  • TaomynTaomyn Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    This bug for the Oculus Dash is still not fixed for the Rift S, and has been happening since Dec 2019:

Same here, 10 months and still not fixed, come on pull your fingers out
    ---
    Rift S | AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming 8G GPU | Corsair Force MP500 M.2 120GB SSD | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SDD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Corsair 250D Case | Corsair RMx 750 80+ Gold PSU

edited October 7
    Mine auto updated to non-ptc v21 today ( 21.0.0.473.119 ).  So far all seems well with my Rift cv1.  I probably will not test Link until I get my nice new Quest 2, lol!

Probably should edit this thread, taking off the PTC in its title.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

edited October 7
    TomCgcmfc said:

That's not how it has been done in the past. For the sake of historical records, this thread will be "unstickied" and a new thread started for the general release V21 (when it goes public).

P.S.
    This is the first time I've seen a user point out a new release before the staffer makes a thread for it, are you sure you didn't just join the beta channel?

Richooal said:
    TomCgcmfc said:

That's not how it has been done in the past. For the sake of historical records, this thread will be "unstickied" and a new thread started for the general release V21 (when it goes public).

And sometimes the PTC thread just disappears, lol!

• PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 332
    Trinity
    My Rift S also just auto updated to V21 today and not on PTC.
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, MSI 1080ti Gaming X, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details soon...don't want to spill anything just yet!!
  • adamr.flyadamr.fly Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    hey, Oculus software 21 wont update... its not WIFI issues so idk what's up with it
  • DTHDTH Posts: 272
    Nexus 6
    The problem is the update as nothing to do with  My Rift S.  I'm not on the PCT.  Will any more updates be for the Rift S?
    Something's not right here.
    The Rift is dead (to facebook) + The way forward is the Quest + PTC was only for the PC version + No significant software update for Rift in a long time.
    This version has apparently gone public very quietly without a new PTC version.

I reckon we're seeing the end of the PTC for PC.

• dburnedburne Posts: 4,146 Valuable Player
    Richooal said:
    Something's not right here.
    The Rift is dead (to facebook) + The way forward is the Quest + PTC was only for the PC version + No significant software update for Rift in a long time.
    This version has apparently gone public very quietly without a new PTC version.

I reckon we're seeing the end of the PTC for PC.

Is that taps I hear in the background?
     >:) 
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Karu62Karu62 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I own a $400 paper weight formerly known as a Rift S. first and last Oculus product i will ever buy.
  • Mazda_RonMazda_Ron Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    usb 3 detection still an issue specifically only on oculus software, has been for ages now, also having the issue with pinned windows blanking to grey, this is after a full wipe and DDU.

I've not seen a single update that's fixed either of these issues and it's beyond a joke now, way to kill off a product line by breaking it and turning a blind eye to it's existence.
  • TiranysTiranys Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited October 10
    First, this new update kills the helmet and you have to manually reinstall the app to get everything working.  then, in the middle of the game, the floor level gets lost and ends up on my belt.  great job, facebook.  I have not received such a disgusting product since the very first Chinese touch phones.
    NerveGear

• thomas_wadsworththomas_wadsworth Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    Karu62 said:
    I own a $400 paper weight formerly known as a Rift S. first and last Oculus product i will ever buy.
    Boo hoo
  • NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 160
    Art3mis
    Tiranys said:
    First, this new update kills the helmet and you have to manually reinstall the app to get everything working.  then, in the middle of the game, the floor level gets lost and ends up on my belt.  great job, facebook.  I have not received such a disgusting product since the very first Chinese touch phones.

I feel bad that you hare having issues. However, occasionally it needs to be pointed out that there is a difference between a specific error happening on someone's specific unit and hardware and a statement that X breaks Y. 

If what you are experiencing was happening to everyone, this site would be blowing up and Oculus would be rolling back the update. If you want help from us, there are plenty of people here with a Rift S who could help troubleshoot with you.
    i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest
    NerveGear
    Tiranys said:

I feel bad that you hare having issues. However, occasionally it needs to be pointed out that there is a difference between a specific error happening on someone's specific unit and hardware and a statement that X breaks Y. 

If what you are experiencing was happening to everyone, this site would be blowing up and Oculus would be rolling back the update. If you want help from us, there are plenty of people here with a Rift S who could help troubleshoot with you.
    I am in the discord, in the VR community, at least 4 people have already complained about a non-working helmet and black screens.  I was able to fix it only by uninstalling the program through its installer and deleting it to the manual oculus folder.  Perhaps the problem is that the software is not installed on the system drive.  Problems with the floor most likely stemmed from such a reinstallation, but at least the helmet started up.  And with a black screen, even here, I'm not alone.  I saw several posts with a similar problem on this form.  New posts
  • morphee7morphee7 Posts: 145
    Art3mis
    well im not even part of the PTC program but i find myself on version 21.0.0.473.119 (21.0.0.473.119) looks like they are forcing people to test now without being part of it
    edited October 12
    Don't worry mate.  I think that Oculus have just forgot to delete the PTC from this thread's title.  In any case, it seems to work fine for me.

• ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 301 Oculus Staff
    Hey folks - sorry for the confusion here. I was out of the office taking care of some personal stuff when v21 rolled out to all users last week and posting the release notes slipped through the cracks, so this one's on me. I've posted the release note thread for the live version of v21 now (spoiler alert: the notes are the same as the v21 PTC notes).