cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i looked at buying the quest 2 and see a problem

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
i get buying a 459 dollar vr. no problem.

the problem is i need to buy the wide face plate, the cable to connect to the computer, the fancy head strap, which runs me 245 Canadian dollars on top of the 459 for the quest 2.

now thats not the problem, the problem is im unusual in my effort stress limit in what i will put up with to have fun. normal people will balk at having to pony up an adiitional 245 dollars to buy three separate things they don't even know they need. thats the problem.

the problem means i might be in a deserted island carnival all by myself like laser tag was way back in the 80's, all advertising and nobody bought 1.

im actually more hesitant to buy all this stuff because i know nobody else will or very few people will and the rest wont give a damn enough to or get frustrated trying to and give up leaving me with a fancy toy that has 68 ipd on my 71 ipd head.

i reason the ipd wont be much more a problem that a tight car for long legs. so again i will put up with it to have some fun...
18 REPLIES 18

Techy111
MVP
MVP
rmt8wi3znf1k.gif
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack
MVP
MVP

normal people will balk at having to pony up an adiitional 245 dollars to buy three separate things they don't even know they need. thats the problem.

But an average person doesn't need a different face plate and a different head strap, and they probably don't have a VR capable gaming PC to use with Link.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star

kojack said:

normal people will balk at having to pony up an adiitional 245 dollars to buy three separate things they don't even know they need. thats the problem.

But an average person doesn't need a different face plate and a different head strap, and they probably don't have a VR capable gaming PC to use with Link.

i heard different about the head strap. the other two off hand idk tho. for me i do need the other two maybe your right about them. i will use the link to access my videos on my pc to play in virtual desktop. my wide forehead makes it so i need a large faceplate and afaik the forehead on people is pretty wide, especially on Caucasians. idk tho we'll see.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0003687010000335

"attractive Caucasian women have larger eyes, smaller noses, larger mouths, more voluminous lips, a relatively large facial upper third (forehead) with a relatively reduced facial lower third (mandible), a round face, and a convex soft tissue facial profile."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1015958416301798

Digikid1
Consultant

kojack said:

i heard different about the head strap. the other two off hand idk tho. for me i do need the other two maybe your right about them. i will use the link to access my videos on my pc to play in virtual desktop. my wide forehead makes it so i need a large faceplate and afaik the forehead on people is pretty wide, especially on Caucasians. idk tho we'll see.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0003687010000335

"attractive Caucasian women have larger eyes, smaller noses, larger mouths, more voluminous lips, a relatively large facial upper third (forehead) with a relatively reduced facial lower third (mandible), a round face, and a convex soft tissue facial profile."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1015958416301798

Oh so you are a woman!!!

Oh @Snowdog!!!!!

I kid I kid...  😄

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
vr is woman centric with white women being more likely to buy one because of statistics. on my rift my forehead middle curve doesn't touch my head and its no good.

im not a woman im a big burly man like alex jones or donald trump.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
i think i will hold off and wait and see how it goes till sometimes next year. after the first fiscal quarter the results should show up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
There'll be an absolute SHITLOAD of people buying these things at £299 and not getting the extra bits and pieces. The average person will buy one just to play for half an hour or so I expect, and anyone that's going to be using it for PC VR games will end up getting the extra strap for £49 and mostly not bother with the rest.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
in 1 word its "procrastination", and "procrastination is the truest friend of real pain". it makes me nervous. not only the attachments

now i think about it but the ipd as well. it sounds like shoddy sbmm in apex legends. you and your two friends = 3 ipd ranges.

i will gladly wait 1 year to see what unfolds with the sbmm logic from apex legends being applied to quest 2 landing with a mozambique.

theyre even procrastinating on 90hz.

https://youtu.be/2bCwyzT0Z6E

i will procrastinate on quest 2.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
https://uploadvr.com/oculus-rift-s-ipd/

"you need two screens to do the mechanical IPD adjust, so that wasn’t enough. You can do some things like we could have had an adjustment for the optics but what we’re going with a digital IPD adjust where you actually adjust the IPD in the settings and then we adjust the images on the screen."

the quest 2 also only has one screen but they're allowing 3 ipd mechanical adjustments.

may i ask why there is also no ipd sw adjustments to the quest two when it has the same screen as the rift s by both being only 1 screen? one word "procrastination"