Writing a YA novel featuring VR - Help? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Writing a YA novel featuring VR - Help?

mscanfpmscanfp Posts: 659
edited June 2014 in Off-Topic
Hi, my name is Mike, and I've been active on these forums for a little over a year. I like to write; mostly Young Adult fiction, and the next project I have percolating in my head is a YA novel set 15 years into our future, and has a lot of augmented/virtual reality in it. (The short synopsis is: Wealthy kid travels across dytsopian America to find out whether the girl he's been secretly talking to/giving money to via VR is actually a real girl, or just a money making scam) I really don't like the way that sounds, but I'd need a wall of text to explain what's in my head right now.

So, I'm putting this topic here because any time I might have a technical question, I'd rather get the answers from real people, rather than look it up on the internet.

Also, I'd like to put excerpts up here for anyone interested, or maybe some would want me to send them in progress chapters, if wanted. Let me know.

This is my author page on Amazon if you want to check me out - http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Scanlon/e/B00KDPB88U/

**Please never pay for any of my fiction on Amazon, as from time to time I'll list free promotions, and this is in no way a solicitation to try to get .35 for a sale.

This is my FREE today and tomorrow YA Novel on Amazon, if you want to check out if I can actually write - http://www.amazon.com/The-Wish-novel-Michael-Scanlon-ebook/dp/B00K95M0JU

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Like to read? Cool, check out my author page on Amazon. I run free promotions all the time, and you might read something you like, http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Scanlon/e/B00KDPB88U/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Very cool. Good luck.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • candiedbugcandiedbug Posts: 326
    With the news that a chat bot passed the turing test, it would be funny if the girl turns out to be an AI a la "Her"
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,732 Valuable Player
    @Techy111 @nalex66 @LZoltowski

Clean up in aisle 3! :D :p :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,524 Volunteer Moderator
    snowdog said:
    @Techy111 @nalex66 @LZoltowski

Clean up in aisle 3! :D :p :D
    Cleaned up. Thanks. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB