New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S Not Turning On

Alright, so Oculus support has been no help so far, so I'm hoping someone here has a fix. My rift s had been working absolutely fine not even a week ago, but when I tried using it a couple of days ago, the display would not turn on. The Oculus app says everything is connected and working, but there is neither audio nor video when I put the headset on. The little tracking light in the headset still works and I put my finger in front of it to test if it would turn off when it sensed something, and that's working fine too. I've disconnected every wire and reconnected every wire multiple times. I've restarted the oculus software multiple times. I've repaired the oculus software multiple times. I've even completely uninstalled and reinstalled the software multiple times. It couldn't be broken, because when it's not being used it is put back into its box and unplugged. I'm at my wits end here. Please help if you can.

Comments

• hesten.unamhesten.unam Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    anything on this so far? :(
  • Dark_MetronixDark_Metronix Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Just tested everything again, and still nothing. My graphics card is up to date too, so I know it isn't that. 
  • bearghost1bearghost1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've gone through similar steps with support, but I do get audio and the screen isn't completely black it displays 3 dots as if it's loading forever. They seem to have narrowed it down to needing a new cable, but have yet to confirm they'll send me one.
  • Dark_MetronixDark_Metronix Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I don't know how I managed it, but I got my display working again. But it's only for a few seconds. After that, the virtual space turns into tv static. Any suggestions?
  • VRforVendettaVRforVendetta Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    There are a lot of people having issues with their Rift S past few months, my new one started with these kind of issues since a week after. Support is still busy, should've refunded it when I had the chance...