New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DONATE A VR HEADSET FOR TREATING TRAUMATIZED ADOLESCENTS

Dr.gacheruDr.gacheru Posts: 1
NerveGear
I am a counselling psychologist based in Kenya, East Africa. I work with school going adolescents who have been traumatized psychologically using virtual reality. I move from school to school providing therapeutic interventions. I am currently using an old Oculus Go powered by protocols developed by Limbix, an American start-up. My interventions have been highly therapeutic and beneficial because of the capacity of VR to distract, teleport and create invivo experiences. Oculus quest/ oculus quest 2 would provide an even more immersive experience and therefore proof even more therapeutic.  I am seeking gamers of good will who are willing to donate a quest/ quest 2 headset to be used in this noble venture. check out this link to learn more about my non-profit charity and what i do to help traumatized young adults in kenya.   Feel free to communicate with me for additional information through [email protected]

Comments

• synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 329
    Trinity
    Not sure this is actually allowed here ..
    Perhaps contacting Oculus directly. I am sure they would be a be a better doorway to getting units for an authorised charity.