New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

PC Software Build 21.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 303 Oculus Staff
Oculus Link
  • We improved our automatic graphics setting prediction to help ensure you have the optimal experience with Oculus Link.
  • We fixed an issue that was causing a delay in Link starting up after selecting Enable from the in-VR prompt.

Comments

• NunyabinezNunyabinez Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    I have been using the Oculus Tray Tool to set the quality for the link. Does anyone know if the built in feature is better or worse than the OTT?
    i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,864 Valuable Player
    I have been using the Oculus Tray Tool to set the quality for the link. Does anyone know if the built in feature is better or worse than the OTT?
    I just use the Oculus desktop app Link quality settings.  I disabled OTT link settings.  Reason is that if you normally startup with OTT, then the Oculus app I think the Oculus app overwrites these anyway.  Try it both ways and see what you think.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,504 Oculus Start Member
    edited October 13
    What about Quest Build 21.0 Release Notes ?
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,910 Valuable Player
    motorsep said:
    What about Quest Build 21.0 Release Notes ?

Before you can have Quest  Build 21 Release Notes you need to have Quest Build 21. It's not out yet.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• TiranysTiranys Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I connected my Rift S to my facebook account.  When you open the friend selection menu, a gray rectangle appears.  It blocks the view both in games and when the pass-through camera is turned on.

• TiranysTiranys Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited October 19
    I still have the same bug on RIFT S. When I try to enter the store, I see it! 

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,863 Valuable Player
    edited October 29
    I lost sound again in Oculus Video, but only Vimeo videos (short films). So maybe Vimeo changed the sound codec - or Oculus forgot to renew some software... But my favorite Cinema remains broken - sigh... 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"