New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Not connecting to side quest

My Quest 2 is not being detected by sidequest. The virtual desktop it working just fine, and my computer can see it, but I just can't get it to work. 
I tired to download the zip file for the AMD to my phone, like some suggested, but I can't open any of the files! My phone just says unsupported file type, so I can't install it.
I've bought aall my games on Steam so am desperate for a solution.
Laptop is very able to support the set, steam VR test confirmed this. I don't wanna spend money on a cable (nor do I want to be walking around with one attached) and I think I'd end up with the same issue.
Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how I can open the files downloaded onmy android phone to install them rather them just coming up as txt files?
Thank you

Comments

• astortionastortion Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have you turned on Developer Mode in the Oculus app?
  • HavioHavio Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 13
    Take a look at the video on YouTube titled "OCULUS QUEST - How to Sideload Using SideQuest #2 (NEW Update)" by Cas and Chary VR, it helped me out.
  • crxefxcrxefx Posts: 30
    Brain Burst
    What Havio said! You need devolper mode activated. You need to buy VD on quest but then sideload it from your computer. Youtube will give you most of the answers. I beat my head against the wall a bit getting it all setup way back when!
  • okkookko Posts: 10
    Brain Burst
    Just so I'm clear, if I've setup Sidequest and VD with my Oculus Quest 1, when I get my Oculus Quest 2 I will only need to turn on the developer mode then when I attach the new headset to my PC it should connect to Sidequest no problem?

Kev
  • NinjajukesNinjajukes Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Took me awhile to figure it out, you need to use your phone to turn on developer mode
  • Nicholas57Nicholas57 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    okko said:
    Just so I'm clear, if I've setup Sidequest and VD with my Oculus Quest 1, when I get my Oculus Quest 2 I will only need to turn on the developer mode then when I attach the new headset to my PC it should connect to Sidequest no problem?

Kev

Have you managed to get it to work, i have the same issue with my quest 2.
  • user_648606757811471user_648606757811471 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I can connect my oculus quest2 right after the Sidequest start, but wthin about 1min it turns red and show "Not Detected"...
  • catbird62catbird62 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Developer mode is on for my Quest 2 on my phone app but Sidequest still says "Not Detected" once I've connected to my Mac with the cable. Everything worked just fine for my Quest 1, so there has to be another solution for my Q2. And I do have the most recent version of Sidequest also. Somebody please help!