New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Accidentally Merged wrong oculus account to facebook account, need to merge in correct account

starkca3starkca3 Posts: 9
NerveGear
edited October 13 in Oculus Quest 2 and Quest
Title pretty much says it...my partner accidentally merged in the wrong oculus account to her facebook account and now we dont have any of her purchases on the app...tried just merging in the correct account but apparently that isnt allowed. Also cant unmerge, or simply login to the quest 2 with the old account (facebook account is required)....

Any ideas? I can't find where to contact facebook/oculus about unmerging so we can remerge the correct account...

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,078 Oculus Staff
    Hey there, please reach out to Oculus Support by clicking here so we can look into this with you. Please make sure to include your device's serial number, and we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible. Thanks! -Kassidy
  • tommy.gworektommy.gworek Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I've done the same thing. Now I imagine I won't hear from Oculus for days and days and can't even use my device. Having customer support that is only via email is a terrible business model.
  • Dragneel55Dragneel55 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Same boat. Waiting to hear back from support. Purchased a $399 paper wait. This is ridicules.. 
  • starkca3starkca3 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Still waiting :(
  • JohnPLeonJohnPLeon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    any update on this yet?
    NerveGear
    nope, I have a separate support case open with oculus...been a few days now...
  • taviasdadtaviasdad Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm pretty sure this exact thing had happened to me also. I don't know what to do or who to talk to or how to even start to find out how to reach them. I'm extremely aggravated and would just like this issue resolved. Who do I speak with?!
  • JfplJfpl Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    Go to Oculus support and you can have a live chat with them but i have done this a few times whilst trying to get this matter solved and after a few hours wasted giving over emails and serial numbers is always ended with they will have to look into this matter further and hopefully get back to me with in 72-96 hours 3 to 4 days,i openened a ticket on Tuesday and I’m still waiting.If i dont hear anything soon I’m just going to return it for a refund. Its crazy that they haven’t sorted it out yet and a very bad reflection on the company. Lots of people are getting very dissatisfied buy this whole shambles you can look it up on social media.
    NerveGear
    Still waiting oculus support! Ticket number: 1615753
    NerveGear
    JohnPLeon said:
    any update on this yet?

Nope still waiting...
  • phishstikphishstik Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is there not a way to open our Facebook accounts and see any Oculus devices tied to it, and remove any? What if we sell the Oculus device down the road? This is ridiculous. My son wanted to play multiplayer so I finally tried linking my good old Oculus account to my Facebook account. It has an error saying my Facebook account is already merged with an Oculus device, that's news to me! Cant see anything about Oculus on my Facebook account. Support doesn't seem to understand what I'm talking about. 
    Brain Burst
    I don't think this is anything the users can fix. Unless Facebook/Oculus implement a unlink option for users to use on their accounts. Its sad that issue is not even anything technical or the actual headset itself...its the damn account merge process they implemented and didn't think over...Let us UNLINK OUR OWN accounts!!!!! BOOM fixed.

I opened my ticket on Tuesday as well and still did not hear anything back yet. I am getting ready to refund the headset this coming week if I don't hear anything. 
  • Dr.HeartwellDr.Heartwell Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This happened to me as well and I've gotten the run around since day 1 on the 13th. They never get back to me. I have a useless headset now. No God damn way I'm starting over with my oculus account! This is the worst customer service/support I've ever seen... and this shouldn't even be a problem allowed to even make!! I'm disgusted by Facebook/Oculus 
    Brain Burst
    Contacted customer support yet again today and went through the same old things with them only to be told we will look into this and they will get back to me in 72-96 hours which they never seem to do. How can they just ignore so many people with what should be a very easy fix. This is becoming very tiresome and is showing them up to have very very bad customer service. I wonder how many headsets have been returned because of the lack of customer service. I’m thinking of getting a refund now which i really dont want to as i think they have a really good product her but it is sorely let down by the lack of help from Oculus support. Will leave it a few more days and if i hear nothing and they haven’t resolved this issue i will have to say goodbye to them. I hope others here have some luck and are able to post some positive messages,fingers crossed.

Brain Burst
    Has anyone had there Facebook/Oculus user profiles resolved for the Quest 2 yet?

Brain Burst
    Same exact situation. Waiting...and waiting almost a full week now. If no response by tomorrow I will be returning the headset and save myself a $400 headache. I will be done with Facebook/Oculus for good. Hoping to see someone post saying they got this issue resolved but have not seen one confirm fixed yet. pathetic..
  • RedIzeRedIze Posts: 10
    NerveGear
  • jknepflejknepfle Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm also having this problem

• RedIzeRedIze Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    everyone is having this problem.. time for a class action suit
    NerveGear
    still waiting Oculus, pls help...
  • PhonfonPhonfon Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Mines just got fixed so hopefully you're guys can finally play as well 
  • N-1-C-0N-1-C-0 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the exact same problem i accidentaly merged the wrong FB account with my oculus account and i cant undo it. Should i even bother to ask for help from Oculus?
    NerveGear
    Phonfon said:
    Mines just got fixed so hopefully you're guys can finally play as well 

Nothing for me yet :( still bricked.

• synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 340
    Trinity
    edited October 20
    NerveGear
    OMG IT WORKED THANK YOU!
  • AgentEnigmaticAgentEnigmatic Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    I'm stuck in the middle. I had loaned a headset to a friend who logged in on Facebook with it in June. Now when I go into the conversion prompt, it suggests their account and provides no way to change it. But I'm definitely not merged as it helpfully reminds me every time I put the headset on when using Oculus Desktop via Link. Anyone else experiencing this variant of the issue?
    NerveGear
    I'm stuck in the middle. I had loaned a headset to a friend who logged in on Facebook with it in June. Now when I go into the conversion prompt, it suggests their account and provides no way to change it. But I'm definitely not merged as it helpfully reminds me every time I put the headset on when using Oculus Desktop via Link. Anyone else experiencing this variant of the issue?

if thats in the app I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, both facebook and oculus
  • tommy.gworektommy.gworek Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Whoever posted the Reddit page solution, I don't know where it went, but IT WORKED. I went into the wrong oculus account online, and under the privacy settings I found where to delete that account. That unlinks your FB account from an email. I then went to the app and merged the the proper email with FB. I had an "oops" message, but it still merged. I then did a factory reset on the Oculus 2, paired it with my app (where I logged in with the proper email), and BOOM, I was in. All my apps/games were there waiting for me to install them.
  • N-1-C-0N-1-C-0 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just reach out to oculus and they will help you. It worked for me.