New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest 2 Apps Not Downloading

CecilandJoeCecilandJoe Posts: 16
Brain Burst
I'm having real difficulty getting apps to install. I bought Thrill of the Fight and Taichi yesterday, about 4pm and only Fight has installed. At first it got near the end then stopped so I tried other apps and the same thing. Just downloading a bit then stopping and needing to be started again, not even picking up where it left off. I left it on overnight and Tripp and Fight installed but Taichi and Anne Frank still haven't installed at 11am. They both go part way then stop. I have a slow internet speed so was expecting them to take 30 minutes or so, but don't understand why they keep resetting.

Any ideas?

Comments

• OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 1,078 Oculus Staff
    @david.francis.5648 Hi David, As you have a slow internet connection, if the connection is interrupted well the game is downloading this can cause it to get stuck. I would suggest trying your Quest 2 on a different network connection (friends or Family members) and see how the download goes. If you continue to have issues, please create a support ticket with us here. - Clint
  • CecilandJoeCecilandJoe Posts: 16
    Brain Burst
    Thanks. It seems it's just the bandwidth. Anne Frank took about 7 hours to download. I'll just have to be patient for now. As long as they eventually get there I can live with it. I thought it might be an internal problem.
  • alain.delambrealain.delambre Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi,
    I have same problem, slow connection too :(
    Brain Burst
    Hi,
    I have same problem, slow connection too :(
    It seems ok if I leave it overnight. Managed to download a few purchases now. Taichi still hasn't downloaded, it's 1.7gb so I will try that tonight. I changed the setting to not sleep up to 4 hours just in case that was cutting it out but don't really think it is the problem. 
  • redalert33redalert33 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same problem with downloads failing, but I have a very stable and fast connection, and zero problems with any other devices in my house, and I had zero problems with my Quest 1.  It seems like after about an hour of downloading while in sleep mode, the downloads fail.  I've been able to download smaller apps, but it seems like anything that's much more than 1gb fails.  Been trying over and over with no luck.  I even changed the auto-sleep setting to 4 hours, and tried to download bigger apps last night over night, but nope...  Any help please??
  • Sir_KevinSir_Kevin Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    Same problem. I get about 6GB of TWD downloaded only for it to randomly reset. I've been trying since release day. Can't resume the download. It makes you start all over again only to fail again. 
    Smaller games like Dash Dash made it through but TWD was the reason I bought into VR and I can't even play what I paid for.
    Brain Burst
    I've put in a ticket but doubt they can do anything. I wouldn't mind if it just took a long time, it's the fact that it goes back to the beginning. I have Vader and Taichi still unable to install. I have never played online multiplayer games and am not interested particularly. I just got cheap slow broadband because the most I do is watch youtube videos. It's not convenient to go round friend's houses just to try and download games, I'm a bit old and don't know any gamers. I could probably do it once or twice but it would be a bit awkward I think, especially if it takes a few hours even with fast broadband.
  • Math67100Math67100 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Même problème pour ma part . Malgré une connexion de 10mbits impossible de télécharger roborecall. C'est un grave problème. Le téléchargement des autres petits jeux s'est dérouler sans problème. Merci de régler le problème au plus vite.
  • Math67100Math67100 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Sorry for the translation guys I'm using google translate.  I have found a workaround to download the big games.  I used this technique to download roborecall.  I just had to turn off the wifi on the headset while downloading and then turn it back on.  I did this twice during the download and it allowed me to complete it.  I'm on oculus quest 2.
  • LameDuckWarriorLameDuckWarrior Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Same issue as everyone else here. Tried everything mentioned. I'm sure they just need to update the software to keep downloads alive.
    Brain Burst
    I'm receiving tech support as we speak. They have suggested downloading onto the phone app. I'll be giving it a try a bit later when I have more time. 
    Not sure exactly how that will then get the game onto the headset, maybe bluetooth, but I'll have a look

• TheLastResortTheLastResort Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Been trying to get TWD to download for days. Got up to 6gb once before it cancelled, but usually it stops at 3 or 4. Still waiting on oculus ticket. No work arounds mentioned here or on Reddit have worked so far for me
  • Sir_KevinSir_Kevin Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    I'm receiving tech support as we speak. They have suggested downloading onto the phone app. I'll be giving it a try a bit later when I have more time. 
    Not sure exactly how that will then get the game onto the headset, maybe bluetooth, but I'll have a look

All that does is queue the download via the app instead of the headset. The result is the same.

I submitted a request for a refund of the game. I think the only way they'll pay attention is when they see a boatload of dollars leaving their bank.
  • CullenprimeCullenprime Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I tried every troubleshooting pathway to no avail. I NEVER had a problem like this on the first Quest! My final solution to this problem was returning my Quest 2 and getting my money back. I tried for several days after I got my Quest 2 and never got to play one game.
  • CullenprimeCullenprime Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Math67100 The problem is that we have to do a work around in the first place.
  • LordZeroGameMasterLordZeroGameMaster Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    Been trying to get TWD to download for days. Got up to 6gb once before it cancelled, but usually it stops at 3 or 4. Still waiting on oculus ticket. No work arounds mentioned here or on Reddit have worked so far for me
     Exactly the same problem. It just randomly resets. 

It's something to do with the file size, since anything smaller than 3GB downloads just fine. I just bought POP1 that is around 900mb and i have been playing it no issues.

I never had that issue with the Q1. In fact i bought TWD there and i beat it. I just wanted to play it again with the visual upgrades.