New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Buzzing Noise when connecting to Oculus Link and SideQuest doesn't find my Quest 2

BatLBBatLB Posts: 45
Brain Burst
Hey Guys!

When I connected my Quest 2 with Oculus Link for the first time, I had a weird loud buzzing noise from the left speaker and the VR Environment was super stuttering. Not sure if thats working as intended, anyone a similar experience?

Also, SideQuest does not seem to find my Quest 2. I always get "No Device connected". Using the original Oculus Link Cable and having my Quest 1 connected with it, just the Quest 2 seem to struggle. Any Tips?

Comments

• PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 313
    Nexus 6
    you need to allow the connection for quest when you plug in the cable the first time, wear the headset, and use the controller to allow the connection.

and you need to switch on developer mode on the app in the phone for the quest 2.

if the buzzing went away i just think it was some sort of initial load up.
  • BatLBBatLB Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    edited October 14
    It was buzzing until I disconnected it. upon next connection it didnt buzz anymore - Really creepy stuff.

Regarding th Developer Mode: Thank you, forgot that! Going to check that one.
    Brain Burst
    you need to allow the connection for quest when you plug in the cable the first time, wear the headset, and use the controller to allow the connection.

and you need to switch on developer mode on the app in the phone for the quest 2.

if the buzzing went away i just think it was some sort of initial load up.
    Soo yepp, SideQuest connects now, but refuses to install the .apk - Like, it literally does nothing when clicking install apk from folder. It just refuses to install the .apk.

its the Quest 1 Beat Saber modding all over again :D
  • Scott-JonScott-Jon Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    Happened to me too, issue resolved completely upon reboot of the headset.
    Brain Burst
    SJD1969 said:
    Happened to me too, issue resolved completely upon reboot of the headset.
    Yeah, didn't happen again since then, still really odd. Seems like an Issue coming up when the Headset is under heavy load or struggles.
  • HappenstanceUKHappenstanceUK Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Mine started having the buzzing issue earlier today when I tried using a link cable. Been unplugged for a few hours now but still doing it when I turn it back on. Starting to get a bit worried...
  • fablejillfablejill Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This happened to my headset just now. It's really concerning...
  • Dr_Tony1Dr_Tony1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here. I plugged in my headset to link it to Oculus Link & it did an odd buzzing noise.