cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN - Finding, Setting or Resetting questions

Jobeslawnmower
Honored Guest
I have an issue where it asks for my pin but I was never given one? When I goto setup a new one I enter in a new pin but it does not recognize my Facebook password?? I’ve changed the password, deleted app, reset Oculus but nothing works? 
Also to note the phone app and PC app work differently? Ok phone it asks for your previous pin?? On PC you create a new pin but then need password which doesn’t work?! Is this the same company?  
45 REPLIES 45

addison_filling
Honored Guest
I want to put in my pin for my account, but i dont know what it is and how i can find it! I'm in need of help.

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
You won't be able to find it if you lost it.
Reset it: https://support.oculus.com/1743688769196915/

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

biakaz
Honored Guest
This is for new users like me who had to create an FB account.  The best way to do this is:
1. Go to the Oculus Store (make sure you are logged into OCULUS on your browser)
2. Pick an item to purchase (you don't have to purchase the item) just have it selected so that the PIN field is there
3. It will have an option next to the PIN field
4. click on Forgot Pin
5. Enter New PIN you want and enter your FB password
6. If that worked, great! It it didn't (it didn't work for me) ...
7. Log out of account on browser
8. Go to google and look up "lost password" and go to this link: www DOT OCULUS DOTCOM /forgot-password/?locale=en_US 
9. Go through that process with your FB account's email (has to be the email that is linked to FB login for Oculus)
10 Open the lost password email
11. Go through and setup that "oculus account password" (remember you don't have an oculus account login, you have an FB account)
12. Log back into your OCULUS account with your FB LOGIN
13. Go back to Step 1-5, but this time use the password you created (not your FB acount password, but your new Oculus Password)
14. Worked for me!

user_3622093392
Honored Guest
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have been trying since last night to figure out how to solve this. I tried a service request and the Oculus person just copy-pasted what it says on the website about doing PIN reset.... You are a genius, and have made my day. Thank you thank you thank you.

walaoa
Honored Guest
Encounter the exact same problem. Not sure what else i can do as well

walaoa
Honored Guest
Hey bro,

if you are still looking for solution. This worked for me. Go to the last comment

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/769571#Comment_769571

astrowhiz
Honored Guest
I've run into the same issue. It's really stupid how they didn't think of this problem, after all it was Facebook's bright idea to start requiring FB logins.
When I set up my Quest 2 I used my FB login to get into the Android and PC app and the online store, so I was never asked to set up a password.
I also set up paypal and a credit card as payment options but at no point was I asked to set up a pin.

I would like to buy something from the store but I can't. Sort it out Oculus.

DarkMoS
Explorer
You can setup a pin in the Oculus Mobile application settings

astrowhiz
Honored Guest

DarkMoS said:

You can setup a pin in the Oculus Mobile application settings

Not without knowing the previous pin, but there is no previous pin. That's the problem