New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Pre Ordered Quest 2 - Still in "opened" status with no payment taken

Okay, so I pre-ordered it around the end of Sept beginning of October however, I would have thought the money would have been taken by now.  I live in NY so I know there is some delay but anyone else experiencing this... should I be concerned?

Comments

• BedionBedion Posts: 13
    Brain Burst
    Mine is the same situation, preordered within minutes of announcement. the delivery date hack shows October 19th for a delivery date, but nothing has been taken from my bank account.  Of course, as I was walking through Wal-mart yesterday, there was a display with FIVE Quest2 goggles, three Elite straps, and about four Link cables.  I considered just buying them there and cancelling my order...but I can wait a few more days just to see if the Oculus comes through.
    waiting....waiting....
  • BuddiesBuddies Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    What is this "delivery date hack" you speak of
  • MoffTarkinMoffTarkin Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same issue for me. Mine now says processing for shipment where yesterday it just said opened. I was quoted an estimated delivery date of 10/20. Sucks but I also have a quest 1 to keep me busy for the time being 
    Brain Burst
    the forum wont let me post the link...trying to get around it...
    Brain Burst

well, that didn't work...try going to youtube and looking up "VR Friday Pog - How you can check your Quest 2 Delivery Date".

See if that works...

Brain Burst
    that posted...okay, under the video click show more, and it should be the first link, the Reddit one.
    NerveGear
    Hmmm it says 10/20 don't see that happening
    BUT thank you!
    Brain Burst
    LOL, you must be good luck...I just checked my bank account at lunch and there is a charge from Oculus.com!!  wooot!!

so maybe you'll get a charge tomorrow
    Brain Burst
    OOOH, even BETTER!  A UPS next day air delivery TOMORROW from Facebook Tech!  Now I'm getting stoked!  
    Brain Burst

h t t p s :// w w w . r e d d i t . c o m /r/OculusQuest/comments/j21uwt/seeing_your_estimated_delivery_date_on_the_oculus/

Here is how to see it:

- Open developer tools (F12)
    - Go to h t tp s ://s e c u r e.oculus.c o m/my/orders/[Quest 2 order ID]/ (remove Spaces)
    - Click on "Network" at  the top
    - Click on XHR a little lower
    - Select the SECOND graphql?... (mine was the third, some found it on the second)
    - Click on "Preview"
    - Open stuff up to "physicalOrders"
    - Select your Quest 2 order
    - Click on "shopOrderItems", then "node", then "0"
    - You will see your "estimatedDeliveryDate"

Go there and convert it to real date: h t t p s :// w w w .unixtimestamp.c o m / index.php (remove spaces)

Edit: Here is the procedure for guest orders, from

1. Find the original email confirmation from when you placed an order. The title should be "Your Order from Oculus"

2. Click the link next to "Order Number:" that is your physical order number.

3. Oculus will send you a new email with a link to view your order. Open that link

4. Press F12

5. Refresh page

6. Start at step 3 above and follow it.

Brain Burst
    edited October 15

oh, now it shows up multiple times...

Brain Burst
    edited October 15

ooops, re-post

Brain Burst
    edited October 15
    dern thing posted too many times now
    NerveGear
    Bedion said:
    LOL, you must be good luck...I just checked my bank account at lunch and there is a charge from Oculus.com!!  wooot!!

so maybe you'll get a charge tomorrow
    Awwww man, still nothing for me.  I was hoping after I read this I would see it too as I thought you said 10/20... Fingers crossed tomorrow then.. THANK YOU!
  • EratiErati Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I know Oculus is a small indie company. If Oculus was backed by a big corporation filled with engineers I'm sure they would be able to show a shipping date or estimated delivery date in 2020 the year of our lord. Oh well too bad.

Amazon tells me the delivery date before I even purchase. Oculus cant give me a delivery date or even a shipping date AFTER I purchase. *Laughs in Jeff Bezos*

I cancelled my order and instead purchased through Amazon. 
    Brain Burst
    I got my headsets this afternoon!  Did you get yours Buddies?
  • terrible.monsterterrible.monster Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was looking for such thread. I'm still waiting for my order to change its status from open to something more optimistic.

The Revolut card will go under maintenance tomorrow at night and I bet this is exactly when Oculus will try to charge me...
    NerveGear
    Bedion said:
    I got my headsets this afternoon!  Did you get yours Buddies?
    Sadly no and it's still in "Opened" status INSERT INSANELY CRYING!!!!!!!
    NerveGear
    edited October 17
    I was looking for such thread. I'm still waiting for my order to change its status from open to something more optimistic.

The Revolut card will go under maintenance tomorrow at night and I bet this is exactly when Oculus will try to charge me...
    Riiight!  I'm wondering if my bank screwed me.  For some reason I called my bank because after I hit pre-order I got an email from my bank that said transaction was blocked.  I called and they said they received the okay to release and they did.  HOWEVER, I asked what do you mean because 1) the email states that I made some type of attempt to advise the bank to block transactions (I NEVER DID THAT) and 2) who the heck authorized it?  They said basically the system blocked it by itself and since they reviewed it and realized it was $1 transaction the system authorized it itself.  I order online all the time and I've never heard of this.  I'm wondering if this caused issues with my order.  Now I'm in a pickle because is there a way to contact Oculus?  Everything I searched for brought me to this forum and that's it.  No email, no number nothing?
  • MarkT25810MarkT25810 Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Bedion said:
    Mine is the same situation, preordered within minutes of announcement. the delivery date hack shows October 19th for a delivery date, but nothing has been taken from my bank account.  Of course, as I was walking through Wal-mart yesterday, there was a display with FIVE Quest2 goggles, three Elite straps, and about four Link cables.  I considered just buying them there and cancelling my order...but I can wait a few more days just to see if the Oculus comes through.
    waiting....waiting....

no idea why people pre-ordered this headset, here in the uk atleast it is not out of stock anywhere the shops have plenty and online shops do too, hell i ordered and paid for one yesturday which i was collecting form the shop 12 mile away today but cancelled as too many issues and a issue with FB not really deleting facebook accounts even though you selected to fully delete
    NerveGear
    Bedion said:
    waiting....waiting....

no idea why people pre-ordered this headset, here in the uk atleast it is not out of stock anywhere the shops have plenty and online shops do too, hell i ordered and paid for one yesturday which i was collecting form the shop 12 mile away today but cancelled as too many issues and a issue with FB not really deleting facebook accounts even though you selected to fully delete
    Well I preordered bc I dont know if you are on mars or not but the quest was sold out and you had to get lucky every day the restocked to get a headset lol I preordered just in case.  I also really dont care that it connects to Facebook bc well I just dont.  I mean in all honesty I get ads from having real life conversations with friends so my phone is already listening so I'm resigned to the fact that nothing is personal anymore 
    NerveGear
    OMG guys, here it is 10/20 and still nada.  I emailed Oculus and received a response advising everything was fine on my order but sadly nothing yet
    NerveGear
    My delivery date was updated .. 11/3 :( at least there was updates/progress I guess
    Brain Burst
    Sorry Buddies, I was hoping you had yours by now.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 6,822 Valuable Player
    First people complain about not getting their hmds, then they get them and complain about getting insta-banned - some people just can't quit complaining!  B)  
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    NerveGear
    RuneSR2 said:
    First people complain about not getting their hmds, then they get them and complain about getting insta-banned - some people just can't quit complaining!  B)  
    ? Sorry I don't know what you're talking about... are you saying I can't quit complaining or others?
    NerveGear
    Bedion said:
    Sorry Buddies, I was hoping you had yours by now.
    Bedion ... I GOT THE CHARGE AND THE TRACKING # wahooooo ... it says next day or something along those lines however, it shows 10/24 is my new unix code approx?  So maybe I will get it tomorrow or maybe Saturday but no biggie bc at least its on its way :) 
    NerveGear
    PS now we should be friends so we can play multiplayer games together LOL  I don't know how that works but lets make it happen :smiley:
    NerveGear
    PS now we should be friends so we can play multiplayer games together LOL  I don't know how that works but lets make it happen :smiley: