New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest2 - Facebook tied to wrong Oculus account - Day 7 No Resolution

TribbTribb Posts: 24
Brain Burst
edited October 20 in Support
Had trouble logging in to FB with my Quest2. Somehow I linked my FB account to the wrong Oculus account. Empty library. Opened a ticket up with Oculus. That was two days ago. How long does Oculus Support take to address a ticket?

Comments

• Dragneel55Dragneel55 Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    I am in the same exact situation my friend. Waiting to hear back from support.. Its been 48hrs...would love to get a update or at least know my ticket is being addressed. 
  • TribbTribb Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited October 15
    Forgot to mention, I opened a Support Chat. They directed me to an Oculus Support link entitled: "Where can I get help if I'm having problems logging into my Oculus device with a Facebook account?"

That link takes you to a Facebook Support page where you will eventually find, if you're having trouble logging in to Facebook on an Oculus device, contact Oculus support.
  • synchromesh62synchromesh62 Posts: 352
    Trinity
    edited October 15
    Just had a horrible thought ..
    If a hard reset will not allow you to reconnect to the correct FB account it means you can never sell it as it will always be merged to that one FB account. No matter if its the right or wrong one. 
    Or perhaps would the new user get to setup his own personal details before he gets to the FB account merge ?
    My way of thinking was if the serial Number was tied to the account indefinitely as Support seem to require it.

EDIT.. I got it all wrong thinking the hardware was being merged but its actually just the Oculus account to your Facebook which is more understandable now why you cannot change it.
    Brain Burst
    Does Oculus monitor the support forum?
  • VexicusVexicus Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm about to submit a ticket too.. good to know I shouldn't except much help - not that I'm surprised
  • florianxxxflorianxxx Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited October 16
    I alrady make tiket 6 days no help nothing!
    I send my quest 2 back, i pay 300€ for games and now no way to play it on quest 2. Fuck off facebook, you lost me!!!
    Brain Burst
    I open a support ticket on Tuesday when I received my Quest2 headset for the same problems of unable to merge my accounts. Did not hear anything back at all. Started a live chat last night to confirm my ticket was open and being looked into. The live support tech just told me Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and we will see what we can do...Shocked I asked Well can you give me a ETA or should I return my headset. Tech respond our ticket process is 72-98 hours turn around time.... WTF is that.... I said ok...If I don't hear from anyone by next week I'm returning the headset and closed the chat. How the fuck is this ok??
    Brain Burst
    I don't know why Oculus is just ignoring the problem. Even a simple acknowledgement would be nice.

I do not want to return the Quest2 but I am not going to keep it and re-purchase my library.
    Trinity
    edited October 16
    I doubt they are ignoring the issue.
    Probably the opposite and looking for an All In One solution for all these current Facebook issues.
    There are to many to deal with individually im guessing.
    Brain Burst
    Then they should make this known and make a public statement they are looking into a fix. Not just a bland message of hey click this link and open a support ticket...
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,778 Valuable Player
    Then they should make this known and make a public statement they are looking into a fix. Not just a bland message of hey click this link and open a support ticket...

It's only Day 3 of Quest going live, so I'm sure a "public statement" is being worked on. They need to finish analyzing the problems in their entirety before making a public statement. Unfortunately, that takes time. If not, they will make a public statement prematurely and cause even more problems.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • ZeroSanityZeroSanity Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Yeah support is doing a very poor job. Bought a Quest 2 for my wife to use with me. She signed up for Facebook account. Instantly disabled. Jumped through the photo and ID upload and now Facebook says it's still disabled with no recourse. So now I have a $300 paperweight since support just points their finger at Facebook and shrugs.

In summary, a willing and eager new VR user can't use the device at all. Bad taste from the experience and will probably not buy any Oculus product in the future.

Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:

It's only Day 3 of Quest going live, so I'm sure a "public statement" is being worked on. They need to finish analyzing the problems in their entirety before making a public statement. Unfortunately, that takes time. If not, they will make a public statement prematurely and cause even more problems.
    I get your point but at the same time 3 days should be plenty of time to get to a resolution. Do they not have engineers working? Facebook/Oculus I'm sure has the money for it. Also to allow this to happen on your new device you pushed out is laughable. Do these thing not get checked before launching? 
    Trinity
    Yeah support is doing a very poor job. Bought a Quest 2 for my wife to use with me. She signed up for Facebook account. Instantly disabled. Jumped through the photo and ID upload and now Facebook says it's still disabled with no recourse. So now I have a $300 paperweight since support just points their finger at Facebook and shrugs.

In summary, a willing and eager new VR user can't use the device at all. Bad taste from the experience and will probably not buy any Oculus product in the future.

Really annoying no doubt.
    But once this is all ironed out it should be a relatively smooth experience for a new user.
    Had you have purchased in a couple weeks this could be all in the past and and running sweet .
  • ZeroSanityZeroSanity Posts: 4
    NerveGear

Really annoying no doubt.
    But once this is all ironed out it should be a relatively smooth experience for a new user.
    Had you have purchased in a couple weeks this could be all in the past and and running sweet .
    I find it really annoying that this product and Facebook integration was planned months ago and nobody thought about this new user flow? Tested it? Gave Oculus support the tools they would need to fix these issues before the product launch?
    Trinity
    I find it really annoying that this product and Facebook integration was planned months ago and nobody thought about this new user flow? Tested it? Gave Oculus support the tools they would need to fix these issues before the product launch?
    Yes but there is a big difference in internal testing than the releasing to a Mass market.
    How many brand new cars, washing machines, kettles etc etc have issues that crop up ( some even recalled )
    Even Games get patched after release. I personally never Buy a new product  ( including Quest 2 ) until at least 3 months after release so i can see what I am up against .. Its always worked well for me.
    edited October 16
    Zenbane said:

I get your point but at the same time 3 days should be plenty of time to get to a resolution. 

Not in my experience. I've been working in the info tech world for 2 decades now, and all organizations take forever. This includes Microsoft, Amazon, PayPal, and Google. Just to name a few. I've seen situations that take 1-2 weeks for a resolution.

Customer Service is a "black hole" for organizations. There's no end to the amount of issues customers have, and there are many times where the root cause is the end-user. Hence the age old adage:
    PEBCAK = Initialism of problem exists between chair and keyboard

This is why it's important for customers with a legit complaint to harass the Customer Service reps until your issue is escalated to the top of a queue. Because you are not just competing against other legit complaints. You are competing against the onslaught of customers that have issues that are entirely self-created.
    Brain Burst
    Zenbane said:
    Zenbane said:

I get your point but at the same time 3 days should be plenty of time to get to a resolution. 

Not in my experience. I've been working in the info tech world for 2 decades now, and all organizations take forever. This includes Microsoft, Amazon, PayPal, and Google. Just to name a few. I've seen situations that take 1-2 weeks for a resolution.

Customer Service is a "black hole" for organizations. There's no end to the amount of issues customers have, and there are many times where the root cause is the end-user. Hence the age old adage:

This is why it's important for customers with a legit complaint to harass the Customer Service reps until your issue is escalated to the top of a queue. Because you are not just competing against other legit complaints. You are competing against the onslaught of customers that have issues that are entirely self-created.
    I have also been working in the "tech world" for same amount of time. I don't agree and the handling of this issue is pathetic. For a big company Oculus/Facebook whatever is they should have enough support to hammer out a fix. Or at least update their customers of a status. A response of "Hey sorry open a ticket and wait" is piss poor. 

If proper Q&A was done this should have never been a problems to begin with...
    edited October 16
    Zenbane said:
    Zenbane said:

I have also been working in the "tech world" for same amount of time. I don't agree and the handling of this issue is pathetic.

Can you give one example of a company that resolves a situation quickly? I gave examples of those that do not. You disagreed yet provided zero references.

If proper Q&A was done this should have never been a problems to begin with...

If you truly have been in this field for as long as I have, then you should know that the Q&A field is a multi-million dollar industry with a plethora of Certs, Software, and Job Titles; all centered around the fact that Q&A is incredibly flawed for every industry, and in much need of improvement.
    Brain Burst
    I work for a MSP I have turned around many account related issue with Office 365 and intergraded software within 24hours. This includes me working with both Microsoft and other platform engineers together. I am not going to get into details with you but account related issues should be able to be handle much quicker then weeks...Again they had plenty of time to prepare for this. Otherwise they should have kept Facebook out of the whole situation.  

I'm pretty sure Facebook/Oculus has enough money to invest into a proper and good Q&A
    I work for a MSP I have turned around many account related issue with Office 365 and intergraded software within 24hours. This includes me working with both Microsoft and other platform engineers together. I am not going to get into details with you but account related issues should be able to be handle much quicker then weeks...Again they had plenty of time to prepare for this. Otherwise they should have kept Facebook out of the whole situation.  

I'm pretty sure Facebook/Oculus has enough money to invest into a proper and good Q&A

I'm very familiar with O365. I've worked closely with those teams for the last few years. O365 is a great product that makes supporting it very, very easy. It has been around for 9 years now, which has given it ample time to mature. VR, on the other hand, is still in its infancy.

If you want to see a good example of this, just try the turnaround times with Microsoft and HoloLens support.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/HoloLens/comments/9nj9k0/the_development_experience_is_terrible/

With Microsoft, the only way to get high-end customer service is to pay for it. And their higher level platforms are notorious for either expensive support costs, or bad free experiences.

So yes, you are correct that O365 can have 24 hour turn-arounds. But O365 is the fast-food hamburger of the info tech world.
    Brain Burst
    Bump
  • MessVRMessVR Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I encourage you to return it.
    Brain Burst
    4 days after opening my ticket, finally received an email from Kelly with Oculus Support:
    Our team is working as quickly as they can to get this resolved for you but we are seeing an increase in these types of requests so we ask that you continue to be patient.
    I wonder if anyone with this problem has been fixed yet.
    Brain Burst
    I would love to seen a confirmed fix. It would give a little hope...
    Brain Burst
    Tried to check the status of my ticket. Looks like their ticketing site and live chat are broken.
    Brain Burst
    Entering a week of no resolution for our issue. Please if someone gets in contact with support and gets their issue resolved please post and let us know. 
  • RedIzeRedIze Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    anyone resolve this shit yet?
  • Extendo-Bean-ClipExtendo-Bean-Clip Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I'm also entering a week with no resolution or email back on the matter.
    I've constantly emailed the person handling my ticket for an update and i just get ignored.

Live chat is useless, it feels like im talking to a bot & Oculus support is an absolute joke. I hate this shit.
    Brain Burst
    Now at one week.
This discussion has been closed.