New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

usb c displayport adapter compatible with oculus rift s

just left B&H in NYC bought a EZQuest usb c adapter for my laptop to connect rift s and its not compatible anybody have any suggestions 

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,864 Valuable Player
    The brand name EZQuest has nothing to do with the Oculus Quest, lol!  Anyway, I guess you bought this one;

https://ezq.com/usb-c-to-displayport-4k-60hz-adapter.html

As long as your Laptop has a usb-c TB3 port with DisplayPort capability, wired through your compatible dedicated nvidia gpu (again you do not say what you have) then you may be able to make this work.  Adapters and laptops are always kinda unpredictable.

Pretty hard to say because you say soooo little, lol!  Maybe contact Oculus support and see if they can help.  Good luck mate.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).