cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUEST2 Oculus Gallery app gone?

lukrielle
Protege
In the quest1 the oculus gallery was my favorite way to view video and picture by connecting to my media server.

But i can't find it in the quest2. Is it only me? and if not why remove it?
7 REPLIES 7

timobu123
Honored Guest
Starting later this year, Oculus Gallery will no longer be available on the Quest Store. However, we’ve added the ability to view your media in the improved Oculus TV app where you can also access a growing library of VR immersive content. 
source: oculus quest store, Gallery App

such a shame that they removed it. 
Visually the quality on the Oculus TV app is so much better due to the timewarp layer, but there isnt even a directory structure or DLNA support

Lictor72
Honored Guest
Without the Gallery application, how can you connect to a Plex server, add DLNA servers or even Windows shares (SMB) ? The help from Oculus suggests using Gallery, which is not helpfull at all !

ldorsey
Explorer

Lictor72 said:

Without the Gallery application, how can you connect to a Plex server, add DLNA servers or even Windows shares (SMB) ? The help from Oculus suggests using Gallery, which is not helpfull at all !

Skybox,Pigasus, and DeoVR support Plex/DLNA. And for Plexing 2D stuff, you can also use Bigscreen.

Darknasus
Honored Guest
como puedo conectar mis oculus quest 2 a DLNA de plex en bigscreen ? me dice que no tengo conexión y en las quest 1 si sale pero en las 2 no puedo conectarme he intentado de todo y no puedo conectare a mi servidor de plex me dice que no tengo conexión 

Federico.Debetto
Explorer
I used Oculus gallery mainly to display my thousand 360 pictures indexed in folders.
I just tried Oculus TV and it display all the pictures as an unique folder, without possibility to choice!
Is there an application similar that shows the folders?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sad when my soon 4 year old Gear VR is better for pictures than my 1 week old Quest2.

Very sad but true 😞