New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Error in downloading

MorssoreMorssore Posts: 6
Brain Burst
Ive been trying to download the oculus app for Pc for 3 day's, But every time it's near competition, it stops and say's "Sorry, We encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running oculus setup again." I have seen this message about 19 times, And have reset my computer over 5 times, And even did a factory reset ( if that's what it's called ) and i still see the same message. Please can someone explain why the app wont download. 
Tagged:

Comments

• BlisterFishBlisterFish Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same here.  Exact same message.  Dead in the water...no Half Life.
  • MorssoreMorssore Posts: 6
    Brain Burst
    edited October 16
    Well, Hopefully a employee or some super smart fellow could help us both out.

• MaelzagardMaelzagard Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hey guys, I had the exact same problem this evening. I was able to resolve this by running the OculusSetup.exe as an Administrator (locate the .exe and then right-click > Run as Administrator)
    Brain Burst
    Well, im thankful for a answer to my problem.. However Im still having the same problem. 
    Brain Burst
    I even reset my computer and tried this again. Still the same message.

• heatherppooolheatherppoool Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Any solutions to this friend?
    NerveGear
    SOLVED (For me?).

I made sure the headset was NOT plugged into pc when installing software.
    I made sure ALL firewall/av apps were off.  (Found firewalls I didn't know existed).
    I right-clicked the Oculus.exe file and ran as admin.
    I stood on my left foot and farted loudly.

Some combination of these things worked.

Happy to respond to any questions.
    Brain Burst
    Dont really know to to disable firewall apps

NerveGear
    Morssore said:
    Dont really know to to disable firewall apps

If you are in Windows 10, type in "Check Firewall Status" in your search bar (Bottom left near the Windows icon).

A global "firewall" menu will pop up.  Go through it and Unclick everything...Windows Defender, AVG (in my case), and any other Firewall program running.

Close out, and try to re-install the Oculus software.
    Brain Burst
    edited October 17
    I feel so Dumb right now. I don't understand what you mean by "Unclick everything." I dont see anything to click besides-  "Control panel home, Advanced settings, Troubleshoot my network, Security and maintenance, And network and sharing."