New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Game download stops midway

MeleagantMeleagant Posts: 2
NerveGear

I bought Vader Immortal (III) yesterday from the Oculus Store. I tried several times to install it (directly from the Quest 2 interface), every time the download will start, and EVERY TIME the download will just stop midway. Sometimes at about 10%, sometimes at about 80%, but it just won’t finish. I don’t even get an error message, it just disappears.

My Quest 2 is brand new. My internet connection is stable and fast. I have been able to download and install other apps (though less heavy than Vader Immortal’s 3.94 Gb).

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Comments

• CecilandJoeCecilandJoe Posts: 16
    Brain Burst
    Lots of people having similar problem (me included) with different apps. I can't get anything above 1gb I don't think.

Thought it was my slow internet, but as others have pointed out you can disconnect from wifi in the headset, then reconnect without losing download progress. I'm hoping the amount of people reporting this will lead to a result soon. 
  • Sir_KevinSir_Kevin Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    It's been well over a day since the last I've heard on my support ticket about this. I can only hope it's because they're overloaded with massive amounts of similar tickets. With any luck I'll get my refund soon. This system launch has been a dumpster fire.
  • CullenprimeCullenprime Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I was having trouble with Vader Immortal III too. I was trying to download it through the headset itself and it kept stopping. I then activated the download through the app then it finally worked! I then assumed that I had it figured out so I decided to get Walking Dead Saints and Sinners and tried downloading it through the app and it wouldn't download. Now since I can't even get it downloaded I may have to try to get my money back on the game and maybe even the headset itself.
  • visionatorvisionator Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Same problem here. Red Matter. The under presents. To name just a few that download to a certain point and then just stop suddenly and without any info on why. Smaller games seem to install fine, but there is definitely an issue with larger ones over 1gb.

Get this out there and let oculus know people!!!
  • Sir_KevinSir_Kevin Posts: 7
    Brain Burst
    It took almost a full week but I finally got my refund for Walking Dead. If you're wanting your money back you may want to get that ball rolling because it takes forever!
  • PITTCANNAPITTCANNA Posts: 301
    Nexus 6
    Same problem here. Red Matter. The under presents. To name just a few that download to a certain point and then just stop suddenly and without any info on why. Smaller games seem to install fine, but there is definitely an issue with larger ones over 1gb.

Get this out there and let oculus know people!!!
    i downloaded red matter and espire 1 which is 3+ gb download, both worked fine for me.  Is your inter net getting throttled causing the stoppages?

what i have found is if i watch the download or just let it happen natrually while i am playing a game, it seems to go faster.
  • sakacondsakacond Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    same problem.... PokerStars VR took me 7 tries and right now I am trying to install Vader Immortal I for few days pretty infuriating

• LordZeroGameMasterLordZeroGameMaster Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
     I have no idea what the hell is going on.

I bought Walking Dead, downloaded it, played and beat it on the Q1. 

I got my Q2 last tuesday and i have been triying to download it for Q2 for the entire time. 

Fix your console or your god damned servers FACEBOOK.