cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should there be a discount scheme for original Quest purchasers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I contacted Oculus support about a possible discount scheme for original Quest purchasers and was told "To make your voice heard you may do so by voting or posting on our Oculus UserVoice. The UserVoice is a page where Oculus users can provide feedback and suggestions for us that if they get enough attention, can possibly be added to Oculus." So that's exactly what I've done. Vote and share people, I can't think of any other way to get our voices heard...
h t t p s : // oculus.uservoice.com /
forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/41591179-discount-scheme-on-games-apps-for-original-quest-o
3 REPLIES 3

MarkT25810
Expert Protege

I contacted Oculus support about a possible discount scheme for original Quest purchasers and was told "To make your voice heard you may do so by voting or posting on our Oculus UserVoice. The UserVoice is a page where Oculus users can provide feedback and suggestions for us that if they get enough attention, can possibly be added to Oculus." So that's exactly what I've done. Vote and share people, I can't think of any other way to get our voices heard...
h t t p s : // oculus.uservoice.com /
forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/41591179-discount-scheme-on-games-apps-for-original-quest-o

well if you mean games that are not automatically free on quest 2 yes but not for the quest 2 headset and have a discount on that

Anonymous
Not applicable

well if you mean games that are not automatically free on quest 2 yes but not for the quest 2 headset and have a discount on that

I meant a discount scheme for paid games/apps on the original Quest. My reason is explained in the oculus uservoice link, but I'll reproduce it here for you as the forum doesn't allow link posting for 'newbies': 

"
We all know that tech moves on quickly, but my Quest is less than a year old and I now find that a much cheaper headset (Quest 2) is available with a higher specification! I would have expected some sort of discount scheme on games/apps for the original investors of this technology, instead of feeling like we have been taken advantage of. This has left me feeling very disappointed after my first investment in VR, instead of looking forward to sharing the developments with you in the future."

Hope that helps?

vududeman
Expert Protege
This is a tough one in a quickly changing area of VR--every two years the tech will probably move forward in significant ways that can make folks feel left behind.  One positive is that the Quest and Quest 2 are both fairly reasonable in price (compared to other options today, and the Original CV1 + controllers).  Also, for now they have committed that all new games have to run on both Quest and Quest 2.  For myself, I sold my Quest on eBay when the Quest 2 was announced - since I like to keep up with the most recent tech.  However, the original Quest still works fine and hopefully will provide years more of use.

As for discounts of software for Quest 1, doesn't hurt to ask, but since they will carry over on your account if you buy the Quest 2, I don't see this as likely.  Good luck!