New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cross-buying on the PC and Quest stores?

lafureurlafureur Posts: 21
Brain Burst
How do I know if a game purchased on the Oculus PC store will also be available on the Oculus Quest store? In the oculus FAQ we can read that Facebook recommends a cross-purchase policy with publishers, but that only the publisher decides in the end. So my question is how do I know if a game bought on one store will be available for free on the other store?

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,967 Volunteer Moderator
    Generally there's two indicators.
    Second, look in the info box for a game on the store. If it lists both quest and rift, then it will be cross buy.

For example, here's Beat Saber (not cross buy) on the Quest store webpage:
    It only says supports Quest.

Here's Audica (cross buy) on the Quest store:

It lists Quest and Rift. The same on its Rift store page, both platforms are listed.

This isn't 100% though, Star Trek Bridge crew is apparently cross buy (from what I've heard, haven't actually bought it myself), but it isn't in the cross buy list and doesn't list quest and rift on the store. I'm guessing this is because it wasn't cross buy at release, it changed later and the pages were never updated.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest
  • lafureurlafureur Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    It's ultra clear! Thank you !
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,233 Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 18
    Sometimes the “supported platform” information is inconsistent—some cross-buy titles don’t list both platforms like they should (lPhantom: Covert Ops, for instance), but that cross-buy link that kojack posted is reliable. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • lafureurlafureur Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Thank you too !