New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest 2 is my first VR

It’s quite exceptional. I don’t fine the actual visual aspect of it to be all that amazing, but the controllers are something magical.

When I leave VR I feel disconnected and as if my hands don’t belong to me. It takes hours for things to feel “normal”. Does this wear off? It’s not actually unpleasant, but it is strange. I kind of like it.

Stacking cubes in the intro app was such an amazing experience that I actually, and legitimately, went “holy shit”. It was ridiculously awesome. Since then I’ve purchased and play the hell out of superhot and beat saber, and it’s just ruining 2D games for me. I’ve had many friends now try it and all of their reactions are equally amazed. None of them know what VR is, or just heard it in passing. Even my Wife, who has played maybe two games in her entire life, is bragging to her friends about how awesome this thing is...

I’m pissed at the mandatory Facebook thing, but overall I’m very very impressed with where all of you have helped craft in VR. So... wow.

Thought you’d all like to know my experience.

Comments

• LameDuckWarriorLameDuckWarrior Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    The weird feeling after taking off the helmet does wear off. My first VR was the CV1 back in 2016 and this is the exact same post we all posted back then lol.
    Welcome and glad you're here! The more of us there are, the more content will be made for us and I personally can't wait for what lies ahead.