New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Used a "Fakebook" account to sign up, and now I'm thinking about returning my Q2

lukepatersonlukepaterson Posts: 8
NerveGear

Hey all,

I don't use Facebook. I have in the past, and had issues with a stalker ex. I'm generally off social media. I've been wanting to get into VR for a while and was really excited to pick up the Quest 2 last week.

When I saw that Facebook login was required (or maybe I couldn't figure out how to get around it), I decided I'd just use a "Fakebook". I've been enjoying the Q2 and have spent about $50 in the store. Now I'm seeing these posts and tweets about people's accounts getting permabanned for not using their real identity or having enough activity to seem like a legitimate account, and losing access to all their games with no avenue for recourse.

I'm worried if I keep the headset:

1. I'll spend more money in the shop over time, just to have my account banned and lose access to all of the games

2. Without games/apps, the headset will be useless but I'll be past the return window to get my money back for the headset itself

This is partially just venting. I'm glad people are talking about it. It's so shitty that I need to "integrate" my real-life details just to play a game.

Comments

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,011 Valuable Player
    If they ban your account then contact support and let them know why you had to use a false name. There's no way that they'll want the PR nightmare of you or anyone else being murdered by abusive ex partners because they won't allow people to use a false name. In fact you might want to contact support before this happens and let them know why you're having to use a false name.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever