cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Cover Foam replacement still in Open status after a week

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this particular item known to be low on supply?  Just seems odd to not get a shipping notification after a week.  Anyone else order these from the oculus store and in a similar spot?
13 REPLIES 13

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I ordered mine on Oct. 7th (the day i saw that it was available to pre-order), and received it on the 15th. When I ordered it, the estimated delivery was Oct. 21st.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you got a shipping notification pretty quickly on that turnaround.  I'm a week out and still sitting on an open order and of course, oculus "support" just has the cookie cutter questions and FAQ answers.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I think I got the shipping notification a day or two before delivery. I knew it was coming earlier than that because I have a UPS account that notified me.

I think these items are in somewhat short supply, since VR Cover themselves don't yet have them available to buy. They seem to have given Oculus the first batch of stock to sell directly.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

nalex66 said:

I ordered mine on Oct. 7th (the day i saw that it was available to pre-order), and received it on the 15th. When I ordered it, the estimated delivery was Oct. 21st.

That is very quick - everything I have ordered from this company - and that is alot over the years - has taken a few weeks to arrive. I know they sell on Amazon now as well - think I'd rather use that.

PS - note that the business and customer service addresses are both in Thailand - that's where the products are shipped from and is usually why it takes weeks when ordered direct from Gauss Tech.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

enigma01
Trustee

nalex66 said:

That is very quick - everything I have ordered from this company - and that is alot over the years - has taken a few weeks to arrive. I know they sell on Amazon now as well - think I'd rather use that.

Apparently they now have fulfilment centres located in USA, Europe and Asia. I think my previous orders came from Thailand where I think they are made?

nalex66
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

PS - note that the business and customer service addresses are both in Thailand - that's where the products are shipped from and is usually why it takes weeks when ordered direct from Gauss Tech.

They're now selling direct through (and shipped by) Oculus (see the accessories section on the Oculus store). Mine shipped from the same fulfillment centre in Kentucky that the rest of my Oculus stuff came from. Yes, in the past my VR Cover stuff has come very slowly from Thailand.

enigma01
Trustee
@nalex66 JD is from UK like me. VR Cover isn’t available for us direct from Oculus, it’s doesn’t show on the Oculus website. VR Cover also confirmed in an email that it would only be available to USA direct from Oculus for the time being. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
That's a shame. They do mention USA and EU fulfillment centres on their web site, so hopefully when it becomes available, either through Amazon or direct from VR Covers, it won't be such a hassle to buy as it's been in the past.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I've ordered a face gasket and Touch covers from this company called Elygo. I didn't like the look of their products for Quest (1), though I didn't see a gasket for that - it was the first one I came across for Quest 2 so I ordered it. However, I am a bit concerned as they are obviously Chinese products (and take a month to get here as usual from there) and most of the VR products I've bought from China have been junk.

I also bought a total of 4 Touch covers for the original Quest due to my allergy and only the last ones were not just as bad as with no cover! I messaged them about it beforehand and they seemed genuinely concerned about the possibility of it causing problems and asked me to let them know if it did, so not all of them are just out for a quick buck.

Ordered these on Amazon, though, so should be able to get a refund if they are no good - especially the Touch covers.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2